You already know how the women – and the men! – fared style-wise at the Screen awards, so now it’s time to get all the juicy behind-the-scenes gossip from the awards night courtesy Industrywalla! This is the stuff you won’t see on television when the show finally airs :)
1. Huma Qureshi and Kalki Koechlin had a field day posing for the photogs and dispelling any rumours about an alleged rift between them over Anurag Kashyap. (Remember Kalki also came to Huma’s defence on Twitter?) In fact, Huma even told one photographer to send her their picture after the event was over!
2. Shahid Kapoor and Sonakshi Sinha, who are dating, went to an after party once the award show got over. I had earlier told you that they were not dating but were just “getting to know each other.” However, things went well, because now the buzz is that they are going incredibly strong and are quite serious about each other.
3. Shah Rukh Khan was heard showering praises over Ranveer Singh‘s Govinda tribute act. He also congratulated him on his performance in Lootera and Ram Leela.
4. Deepika Padukone was the centre of attention. She was being hugged and air kissed by everybody and congratulated for having such a fabulous year at the movies. However, she tried to avoid getting clicked with Ranveer on numerous occasions, instead preferring to pose solo. The photogs did capture her with Ranveer and SRK, though – the two men who were a part of her success this year. Where was Ranbir Kapoor, her other co-star? Well, read on.
5. Jaya Bachchan and Rekha bumped into each other and politely greeted one another. This was when Amitabh Bachchan was walking ahead of the row and spotted Rekha sitting right on his way. The flashbulbs went crazy taking pics of them, as you saw already.
6. Both Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif were absent from the awards show. RK is hosting Filmfare and was in rehearsals, while I guess Kat was in no mood to come and clap for her rival taking home the trophies!
7. A bitchy actress was heard discussing Anushka Sharma‘s selfie that was much talked about on Twitter because of how unrecognisable she looks in the picture! Ouch.