In the big bad world of Bollywood relationship gossip (that changes faster than you can say RanKat!) this is the latest from our Industrywalla sources, just for you! Love, MM xoxo
You’ve been hearing the reports that this famous B-Town couple has called it quits, but is it true? Have Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif really broken up?
The answer is yes, they have – but this may be only temporary. They had an argument towards the end of their recent US vacation, although they masked it well from people within the industry. The argument wasn’t the reason they returned separately, however. Ranbir had work commitments, and Katrina had to take care of a medical issue in New York. Plus, the actress had always planned on returning via London after seeing her family, as reported earlier. Usually, Katrina spends Christmas with her family, but that didn’t happen this time. Instead, she planned to take the holiday with Ranbir to bring in the new year, and then visit her family later in January, which she did. Her mother even returned with her.
Things went downhill once the two were back in Mumbai, and that’s when the real cracks in their relationship began to show. They have had several arguments post their holiday, as Katrina felt Ranbir wasn’t giving their relationship his all. Here are some reasons why they had their row:
1. Katrina wanted Ranbir to commit to getting engaged to her – not an actual date, as they have decided they won’t get married now, but at least a timeframe. Apparently, Ranbir wasn’t willing to do so.
2. Katrina is even a bit miffed that he prefers not to acknowledge their relationship in public. Even on Koffee With Karan, he didn’t come out and say he was dating her, despite the fact that he was being egged on to.
3. I am told by some of their friends that Katrina was also upset about the fact that Ranbir and Deepika are still in touch over the phone. In fact, one of their arguments took place after she stumbled upon some of DPad’s messages on his phone. These are the same friends who are currently talking about whether Ranbir and Deepika will get back together, as I mentioned earlier. The chances of that happening look very slim to me – and to a lot of us, I’m sure – but that is the chatter in certain industry circles.
However, another friend mentioned to me that Ranbir loves Katrina, and this looks like a temporary blip. This friend is expecting that they will get back together after they have given each other some space, so it’s not necessarily a permanent break-up – relationships change over time, and the dynamics are always unpredictable.
Readers also wanted some clarifications, so I’m answering them below:
1. Did the fights happen while in New York, or afterwards?
Their vacation was mostly a fun affair, but towards the end of it they had an argument. What made it worse is Kat’s health issue, which was causing her lot of stress. However, as stated, they came back separately for different reasons. The fight only got really bad once they were back.
2. You’ve previously mentioned that Ranbir and Deepika only share a professional equation and are not in touch otherwise. Then how come they’re messaging each other now?
Honestly, what goes on between Ranbir and Deepika is something only they know. But post Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, they didn’t really make any attempt to stay in touch. Whatever messages Katrina has seen have come now, much later. Who knows what the messages really are (they may be innocent), but like any girlfriend, Katrina was upset that her boyfriend’s ex was still messaging him. These messages have also been a talking point for their friends within the industry, as I mentioned above.
3. Why is Katrina upset about him not committing when they have mutually decided not to get married now?
Because she feels that if he doesn’t do it now, he won’t ever do it. There is no date that she wants put on this wedding, but she wants him to at least give her a speculative time frame for it. You have to remember that these are two of the most sought after actors, so they have their calendars full with films.
4. If Katrina is upset that Ranbir doesn’t publicly acknowledge their relationship, why doesn’t she do it herself? She acts like she never wants to talk about him either.
She feels it’s a guy thing to admit it in public. If you know Katrina, then you will know she’s extremely shy and reserved as a person and therefore won’t do any acknowledging herself. She opens up to very few people. In fact, she hardly has any friends in the industry. After coming out of her awkward relationship with Salman, she wanted RK to go public with her. That never happened.
Time will only tell what really happens between these two, but what are your thoughts? Do YOU think they will work it out?