If Mondays were shoes, they’d be crocs! That’s an understatement for most of us out there. I sometimes pity Mondays for being the target of every single person. Not their fault, right? Only if weekends were not as loved, Monday would be just like any other day. Here are some tips and tricks we compiled to help you get over the Monday blues and actually like the day as much as any other weekday.
1) Party it out like there is no tomorrow: On Saturdays, go all out and lose those heels. Dance like no one is watching you, eat like you are skinny and sleep like there is no morning. This will help you relive your all-week stress.
2) Work it out: Come Sunday morning, go for a jog, a swim or perhaps a yoga class. A recreational activity is what you will need to take your mind off the whole week’s happenings and also the bad hangover from the previous night.
3) Go green: Enough of binging and overeating on Saturday. Eat a healthy meal as it not only cleanses your body internally but also keeps you mentally fresh. As for food, if it upsets your stomach today, it will upset you tomorrow!
4) Come clean… to your room: A clean room means a clean state of mind. Get rid of the clutter that you have collected over the week and once you’ve done that, you will feel a lot lighter and happier.
5) Turn up the music: Go online and get some new music for your phone or iPod, so you can listen to it the next day on your way to work. A new playlist is always a mood enhancer as it is refreshing.
6) Try something new: Try your hand at a new activity. Maybe cook a new dish, go horse-riding, watch a film, read a book or if you are an Internet person, then go online and read an interesting blog (MissMailini.com maybe, LOL!)
7) ‘Be positive’ is not just a blood group: Keep positivity in your mind about the next day. The more you whine, the worse it will be. The Laws of Attraction, you see!
8) Best laid plans: Plan it out! Make a list of all that you have to do over the week and not just on Monday. Having it all planned makes the execution easier.
9) Flowers and a smile can never go wrong: On Monday morning, buy some flowers on your way to work to put on your desk. It keeps the atmosphere fresh and smelling great. Plus a smile is an added advantage since it is contagious. You might just end up making your boss smile too.
10) Last but not the least: It’s Bob Marley all the way! His song “Sun is Shining” is an all-time favourite and who better to tell you to keep it cool than the legendary King of Cool. Make it your Monday morning anthem!
Hope we have helped you overcome the Manic Mondays in some way :)