1. The music for the Pepsi MTV Indies promo is actually an unreleased track by one of our favourite electronica producers, Dualist Inquiry. He’s also releasing a brand new video on the channel soon, which was shot all the way in Los Angeles.
2. Pepsi MTV Indies isn’t limited to a television channel – it’s an entire movement to support indie music and alternative culture. So there’s Pepsi MTV Indies stages at music festivals (most recently one at Ragasthan), an app that will help you identify indie tunes (much like Shazam) and learn more about your favourite bands, and a whole lot more planned.
3. The channel won’t have traditional ‘shows’, but have loads of music videos interspersed with short form vignettes. If you remember Shaai’r + Func asking fans to come to a gig in Carter Road a few weeks ago, it was for a fun vignette on busking! There’s Open Files on album artwork and design, Indiepedia, which explains popular indie terms, and a whole, lot more.
4. Ankur Tewari, from Ankur and The Ghalat Family has had a lot to do with the programming and content on the new channel. The band also debuts a music video for a brand new track called Tu Hee Hai soon.
5. There won’t be any VJs on Pepsi MTV Indies! That’s quite the radical move.