Oh how I love being a Bollywood blogger :) just as I was about to put on my PJs and watch Cosmos for the rest of the night, THIS landed in my inbox (from one of my MANY spies at the show MWAHAHA!) All the juiciest gossip we all LOVE to hear from behind-the-scenes at a Big Fat Bollywood Awards Show! Are you ready? Quick go get some popcorn and make it extra buttery. xoxo
1. Of ALL the stars at IIFA, I’m told Hrithik Roshan had the most tantrums and demands. He wanted a tub and a mirror with lights around it to be put in his hotel room. (For makeup presumably? Or just some Chicago-musical style self admiration?!) So they finally agreed to give him a room with a tub, but no mirror :P
2. The IIFA manager minions were also overheard discussing how Hrithik Roshan and Saif Ali Khan threw different after parties at the Hilton on Friday evening because of the ex-tra tension between the two since Duggu and Bebo are exes. (Especially since it was already SUPER awkward that they had to sit together throughout the show!)
3. Meanwhile poor Ranveer Singh was REALLY sick the entire time. The staff even ran to the pharmacy to get him medicines and were mega impressed that he performed! In fact you couldn’t even tell he was sick. Now there’s a real star!
4. There were a LOT of technical issues with the event: the show ended at 3am (but was SUPPOSED to end at 11pm) and btw, it’s $1000 for every minute you go past the end time. Ouch!
5. Shahid Kapoor and Farhan Akhtar asked several times during the show to raise the tele-prompter, not sure if that’s normal, presumably not?
6. The management was SUPER stressed because they couldn’t find some of the stars’ outfits sent in for laundry (specifically Deepika Padukone‘s outfit for the awards.) Eeps!
7. Apparently Madhuri Dixit was the sweetest and least arrogant of the actors. When a sweet Indian aunty told her she performed really well back in the hotel lobby, she lowered her sunglasses and said thank you super nicely :)
8. Management were overheard discussing that Shah Rukh Khan didn’t come because he asked for $1.3 million and Salman Khan couldn’t come because he was in *Poland shooting for Kick.
9. And check THIS out! The IIFA crew goodie bags included Adopted phone covers, $150 Macy’s vouchers, a Divine Design spa kit, a watch, and an assortment of perfumes all in an IIFA backpack! The STAR goodie bags included all of that plus champagne, MAC makeup kits, jewelry, Swarovski phone covers, Nike/Puma shoes, and even more makeup products. These were organised by Noreen Khan!
So which of these juicy deets did you like best? Be sure to leave me a comment below and I’ll get you more gossip I promise :) xoxo
Pictures courtesy Parul Parikh