Girls want to be her, the guys want to be with her and everyone wants a piece of her. Well of course they do, she’s Deepika Padukone.
I can’t promise you any of that. What I can do is help you channel the doe-eyed actress with your outfits and appearance – because who doesn’t want to dress like her, am I right? I’ve even broken it down into casual, semi-formal and super-formal – all you have to do now, is read-up!
Casuals – You can’t run errands all dolled up, can you?
Now you don’t want to be wearing her extravagant gowns while sitting around or getting coffee. Deepika has a certain standard look she goes for when she’s dressing down.
– Ditch those killer heels and bring out the airy thong sandals.
– A messy ponytail or bun would do the trick. Nothing too fussy.
– Rock an arm-party. Stack up a bunch of bands, bangles and cuffs on your wrist.
Semi-Formal – You’re going out, but it still isn’t the Red Carpet
This is for when you can’t wear slouchy pants but can still keep the arm-party going. It doesn’t stray far from her casuals. Here’s how:
– Three items of clothing make up this look. You can either throw on a boho maxi dress, sport a blazer over your choice of outfit or go for a high-waist skirt.
– Here’s when the hair starts needing some attention. Brush it out, add some waves and push it to one side. A quick braid would work well too.
Formal – For the Red Carpet, Green Carpet and whatever kind of carpet!
Use these only for special occasions – weddings and extravagant outings. Doing any of this casually or for a low-key event is an absolute no-no.
– All your make-up emphasis should be on your lips. A dark or bright lip makes a strong statement.
– A show-stopping gown or sari is an absolute requirement. Pick a style that stands out, something that will make people turn around and look.
– Get yourself some tall shoes. Go with the pointy-toe trend, it’s one of Deepika’s favorites when it comes to shoes.
Now that you’ve got all the clothes right and you’re all set to shine like Deepika, there are two more points to really nail the look.
– Confidence – it doesn’t matter what you wear, as long as you wear it with oodles of confidence. And don’t forget to bring a smile.
– And last but not the least, who can forget the tall, dark and handsome Ranveer Singh by her side? Where can I get me one of those?