The man is loved and hated all over the world for his damn-care attitude and partial comments. Some say “Whoa he’s got guts” while others just think he is rude. But everyone has to agree that Salman Khan is a man no Bollywooder can ignore; his presence just screams for attention. Well I am a diehard Salman Khan fan so let’s see if I can change your mind! (For the readers who love him just as much, I am sure you will agree :P)
1. Although I have to agree that his more recent works have all involved action, who can forget the classic “PREM”? I am sure even today’s Salman Khan haters have loved his old movies just as much as me. My favourite will always be Hum Saath Saath Hain. Who can resist the typical sweet, shy, and gorgeous guy? With his flirtatious glances he definitely stole more than Sonali Bendre’s heart. Just give this movie a watch/re-watch and you definitely won’t be able to resist his quiet Mama’s boy charm.
But this isn’t the only one! Some of my other favourite “Prem” movies are Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, Maine Pyaar Kiya and of course his sexy cameo in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. I for one am always left with a bitter taste in my mouth at the end of KKHH because, according to me, Prem was obviously the better man. Oh well, I guess that’s why I wasn’t asked for my opinion by KJo. *lol*
2. When celebrities are asked about who in the industry has the biggest heart in terms of charity work, Salman Khan is definitely one of the most popular answers. He is known for his generosity and humility when it comes to unprivileged people! Being Human has become a brand in India and the proceeds have done so much for children and women alike. Using his popularity (which is huge, I mean come on…Dabangg?) for charity work is probably the best quality that this man possesses. And one thing I have noticed is that Salman may give attitude to people in the industry, but when it comes to giving back to the community he never backs down. <3
3. BIGG BOSS! I am sure those two words are self-explanatory but honestly have you ever seen a better host? He is unscripted, hilarious, and totally spontaneous. Which is why the five seasons that he has hosted have become incomparably popular. The actor really put in his best effort to make the world enjoy and have a good time while watching the show, even if that meant being part of scandals and gaining haters. He spoke out against the people who were wrong which is almost unseen on Indian reality, where drama is equal to TRPs. Of course I found myself laughing like a mad person on BB weekends because Salman was just Being Salman.
4. I have to mention his dance skills. LOL. His moves really do make you laugh out loud but is that such a bad thing? He loves to dance and sing! And to him it doesn’t matter if he does it well. Come on, not all of us are amazing dancers but when we are at a party we still love to break out on the dance floor right? So why is it so bad when Salman Khan does it? Over the years Salman has given us so many iconic moves that even a 3-year-old today knows how to dance like him! I have to point out songs like O O Jaane Jaana. Half naked Salman dancing with his guitar has won so many hearts over! And of course who can forget Hudd Hudd Dabangg Dabangg? And there are so many more, for a non-dancer.
5. A common response that I usually get is “BUT he is such a bad actor.” And honestly speaking I have to agree but let me ask you, why are his movies still always doing so well? BECAUSE he is SALMAN KHAN. :) Seriously that is the only reason, his fans love his offscreen personality so much that he just has to be on screen and the movie is a hit. I don’t think the man can apologize for people loving him so much. So my reason number 5 for you would be, because he is Salman Khan. Hehe.
Because I live in Canada I normally run into more anit-fans of Salman, so recently when I went to India I was so surprised to find that there are SO MANY fans! I went around the time that Dabangg 2 was released and people were literally going crazy. It was nice to know that I am not alone, but saddening to know that I do have to share him. Hopefully he has gained a few more followers after this post!