Yesterday, my lifelong dream to see Shah Rukh Khan in the flesh came true! I am a die-hard fan of King Khan, and my love for him grew leaps & bounds when I met and interacted with him. SRK was honoured with the highest French distinction, “Knight of the Legion of Honour,” and it was SUCH an amazing experience to witness him receive this award! So from a fangirl’s perspective, here are the 5 most memorable moments of the event!
1. Shah Rukh Khan spoke in French to thank France for the distinction! I can’t speak any French, but it sounded so on point and adorable! He even showed the audience his speech, where he wrote the French in Hindi script! Je t’aime, Shah Rukh! See I learned that much ;)
2. SRK stood so graciously while H.E. Mr. Laurent Fabius (French Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Development) conferred the distinction on Shah Rukh! Even though his speech was long, Shah Rukh waited patiently and showed off those dimples to the media. Ufff!
3. During his own speech, Shah Rukh was full of jokes and made the atmosphere very enjoyable! He made slight fun of Mr. Fabius’s pronunciation, who said Canne not Khan. He even promised to shoot a movie in France soon! How excited are you to see SRK romance in France?
4. This might not be as important, but he was on time! The event, held at the Taj hotel, was supposed to start at 8:30, and he was there by 9! Thank you, thank you, Shah Rukh! :)
5. And finally, the highlight of the event – I got to take a picture with the star himself! After battling bodyguards and fighting my way to the center, I managed to get a click with SRK! 24 hours later, I’m still giddy at the thought that I touched him. (Hahaha Post Meeting SRK Syndrome?)
What an evening! Tell us your thoughts on Shah Rukh Khan receiving the “Knight of the Legion of Honour” in the comments below!
Now that you’ve read what went down at the event, take a look at this video as well!
Check out the gallery below for more pics of the event.
Pix: Viral Bhayani for MissMalini