Meet Sera Sanyal, undoubtedly the sweetest 8-year-old I know :) It also helps that we have the same taste in music (and Katy Perry also happens to be my style icon of choice!) So last night, when her daddy Devraj Sanyal tweeted that they #laughed #cried #loved watching Katy Perry’s Part of Me documentary I remembered how I got all teary-eyed too and I simply had to ask her what makes an 8-year-old fall in love with someone like Katy….
10 Reasons I Love Katy Perry, by Sera Sanyal
1. The fact that Katy came from nowhere and became the biggest pop star in the world.
2. Katy embodies the fact that anybody can dream and then achieve their dreams.
3. She writes her own lyrics.
4. And her lyrics are inspired by her personal life which makes them believable and relatable.
5. She is the best performer ever.
6. Her shows are like movies elaborate and choreographed to a point of perfection.
7. She is an excellent guitar player.
8. My favourite songs of all time are Katy’s – Firework & Unconditionally
9. My father met Katy Perry during the Grammy’s and that’s so cool!
10. My father’s company manages her records in this part of the world so I get to hear her stuff before anyone else.
And boom. Who’s got the coolest dad in the world? That’s right Devraj Sanyal happens to be the MD of Universal Music Group South Asia & EMI Music South Asia, and he’s the bomb!
PS. I heart you Sera Sanyal, lets watch together soon and make loom bands :) xoxo