If you haven’t got your subscription to Star World Premiere HD just yet, we have yet another reason for you to go out and get it! A new TV show is about to hit your screens tonight and from going by this list, you don’t want to miss out! Here are 5 reasons you need to watch The Strain.
1. The Strain is based on a vampire horror novel trilogy authored by Guillermo Del Toro & Chuck Hogan. Guillermo Del Toro is known for his cinematic finesse in dark fantasy, supernatural and horror, is also the producer of The Strain TV series based on the book. His other directorial features are Hellboy 1 & 2, Pan’s Labyrinth, Pacific Rim and Blade 2 just to name a few. Needless to say, he has a huge cult following the world over.
2. The horror series has a totally different take on vampires & their prowess which will blow your mind. The biology of the vampire is an imaginative and unique perspective in The Strain right down to their appearance and feeding rituals.. Don’t expect the traditional fangs or satin-lined coffin for a bed.
3. The special effects are amazing and right down chilling in the horror scenes. For horror & slasher fans, it’s a spine-chilling ride. Some scenes are guaranteed to make you shudder & jump in terror.
4. Remember Frodo’s companion & best friend from The Lord of Rings Trilogy? Well Sean Austin who played Samwise Gamgee in the famous movie franchise is also cast in the TV series as a CDC administrator.
5. Oh Come on, haven’t we had enough of lovesick vampires like Edward Cullen, Bill Compton & Eric Northman trying to win over a woman? Isn’t it time we saw vampires for who they really are?… Parasitic Savages with no conscience!
Season 1 of The Strain on Star World Premiere HD will debut tonight, 19th July 2014 at 9 PM IST.