On August 22nd, Rani Mukerji’s latest Yash Raj movie Mardaani is releasing, and just from seeing the trailer we knew Rani Mukerji is kicking ass! While the trailer made the movie look promising, the new song “Mardaani Anthem” is showing just how powerful of a movie this will be! Sunidhi Chauhan sang the song and Rani looks more fierce than ever! The best part about the song, however, are the deep and meaningful lyrics by Kausar Munir. Have a look at the “Mardaani Anthem” yourself if you haven’t already, and we’ll tell you 5 dialogues that stand out!
1) Choo ke dekho dil mera, tumhe dil mein apne bhar lungi. Par chhed ke dekho tum mujhko, main tumko nahi chhodungi.
Translation: If you touch my heart, I’ll keep you in my heart. But if you if you try to physically touch and harm me, I won’t let you get away with this!
2) Jis duniya mein maa behne rishte nahi, gaali hain- uss duniya se maryada ke rishte saare todungi.
Translation: In a world where “mom” and “sister” are not used to describe relationships but are used for cursing, I will break off all relationships that go against dignity.
3) Kadam milake dekho toh main saath me tere chal dungi. Par chhed ke dekho tum mujhko, main tumko nahi chhodungi.
Translation: If you try to walk beside me, I will walk with you. But if you if you try to physically touch and harm me, I won’t let you get away with this!
4) Skirtein, saari, raat, dopehari- darr darr ke nahi chalungi.
Translation: Whether I’m wearing a skirt, a saari, at night or at noon, I will not walk as if I’m afraid.
5) Candle jala ke sandal dikha ke, mar mar ke nahi chalungi.
Translatioin: I’m not going to try scaring you away with a burning candle or showing you my sandal, while dying whenever I walk and go out.
Did those dialogues make you say, “Wow!”? Mardaani so far is proving to be not just a movie, but also a message! Perhaps a message that the people who conducted this photo shoot should have understood. What did you think of the Mardaani Anthem? Will you be watching the movie on the 22nd? Feel free to share your opinions in the comments below!