Stop! Put down whatever you’re doing, right this second. Hit pause on everything that’s going on around you and take a minute. Calm those nerves and listen. How often do you take time out to do this – Just sit, and do nothing? Rejuvenate, re-energise and reboot your mind, body and soul? Your life runs by you so fast and while you think you might be ‘living it up’ and YOLO-ing it – you’re skipping out on the fine print and important bits. Don’t worry, Raageshwari Loomba has got you covered. She’s giving you 10 ways to zen out and if you’re on the run all day everyday, you need to read this.
1. Slowly drink a glass of water. Watch it and realise the long journey it has taken just to heal you & zen you out. Breathe.
2. Get into a ‘high powered happy posture’. Legs apart. Chest out. Shoulders back. Chin up. Hands on the Hips. Stretch and Breathe.
3.Stand tall and now bend your body forward , as if your head would touch your knees. Feel the blood rushing towards your head. Breathe.
4. Get into a shower or a bath. Water Heals. If that’s not possible , splash water on your face, elbows ,hands and feet. Breathe.
5. Stroke your dog, cat or any pet you have. If you don’t have a pet, get a stuffed animal. Animals heal. Continue breathing.
6. Walk on grass. Lay on grass. Embrace a tree. Nature is powerful and all encompassing. This is calling ‘Earthing’. Breathe. (I embrace trees here in London and now have a group following me. But, Yes I agree in some cities its difficult to find trees and nature. So water your plant, breathe into it.)
7. Get out of your office or home. Get on to the terrace or balcony. Just look up at the sky. Realize how vast this universe is. Magic is all around. We are all connected. Think thoughts as large as the vast blue sky above. Breathe.
8. Eat ‘Happiness’! Bananas, strawberries, blueberries, walnuts, almonds, chocolates, green tea, curd. Grab any of these things and watch your mood swing. Breathe.
9. Now Smile. Smile broader. Giggle a little. Now laugh loudly. Laugh some more. It’s a subliminal message to your brain to zen out, Perk up and energise. Breathe.
10. Be a LOVE engine. No matter what, release LOVE out of every pore in your body. Breathe.
Left wanting more? Maybe you need some Mindfulness, take a look.
The three day retreat, from the 2nd to the 4th of October at the Grand Hyatt in Goa is all you need to enter that magical space – and it’s the only place you want to be.
Leave your thoughts in the comments below.