I was in for a surprise yesterday when I reached the Jet Airways Hangar at Kalina, Mumbai to attend a press conference of Bigg Boss 8. Not only was there an aircraft next to the stage, but there were also models dressed as flight stewards and stewardesses at the event. The host of the show, Salman Khan, arrived amidst much fanfare along with a bunch of firang hotties sporting the air hostess uniform. The superstar grooved to the popular track Yaar Na Miley from Kick and then spoke at length about the upcoming show. A popular contestant from last season, VJ Andy, co-hosted the event with Mr. Khan.
The entire event came to a standstill that lasted for almost 15 minutes because Salman wanted to maintain silence as it was azaan’s time and one could hear hear the call to prayer at the venue. While it was nice to see him being religious, we also know that he’s being extra cautious as there’s already a case against him for hurting religious sentiments, which was filed recently.
On a lighter note, the actor made everyone laugh a lot with his funny antics and, of course, his interaction with Andy left everyone roaring with laughter. There was an instance when Sallu bhai offered a yoga mat to Andy and asked him to practice yoga and the latter got back at him by asking, “Which position do you like?” with a smirk. Naturally, I couldn’t stop giggling to that. So I decided to make you guys giggle too! Here are 5 hilarious statements that Salman Khan made at the Bigg Boss 8 press conference.
1. “This time Colors has so much money in their budget for Bigg Boss that we can afford to fly abroad and still shoot indoors.”
2. “We’d be having many foreigner contestants in the house. And as you all know, most of them might already be my friends.”
3. “You know why I am dressed as a pilot? Because I have never done a pilot episode for a TV show.”
4. “Wasn’t taking Andy in the house a mistake last year? I promise we won’t repeat it again.”
5. “I am in touch with all the contestants we’ve had on our show previously. You won’t believe it but I am still sorting their shit out!”
Salman and the show’s production team continue to be secretive about the contestants and the location of the Bigg Boss 8 house (but there is a potential list of contestants already doing the rounds). It is possible that the contestants will be taken for a flight in an aircraft to an undisclosed venue (we’ve heard that Thailand is an option). Let’s wait and watch!