Grey’s Anatomy is the perfect mascara remover. Wondering what I’m talking about? Well, this damn show makes me sob, cry, and howl like a 12 year old. It takes me back to the saddest moments of my life whenever an episode airs, but I can’t stop watching it! Is it a masochistic thing or just that the show is so gripping? I really don’t know! All I know is that the best thing about this show (apart from Dr. Mark Sloan R.I.P) is the friendship between Meredith Grey and Christina Yang. They’re both dark and twisted creatures who frankly would scandalise anyone else but each other. In this age of female friends being more frenemies than besties (read: Gossip Girl and it’s variants) it’s awesome to see a bond so strong that they call each other their ‘person’. Here are 15 best incidents of them being awesome!
1) When Christina was brutally honest with Meredith and it was totally okay!
Only Yang can be so lovable… even with that acid tongue of hers!
2) When they laughed over Meredith’s ‘mommy issues’ only in the way they can!
Twisted sisters these two.
3) When Christina officially declared Meredith as her ‘person’ to Dr. Burke!
We all need that ‘person’ who we can blindly trust (including someone to confess our murders to).
4) When wine was the answer.
Wine will always be the answer.
5) When Meredith was discussing their old age.
Of course it’ll be them!
6) When Meredith spoke about growing old with her again…
Only in the dark, twisted way they can!
7) When Owen was put in his place!
You go girl(s)!
8) When tequila was the answer!
Drowning and marriage… spoken in the same sentence with the same disdain.
9) When they forced Alex to remember his dark past
Peeing on the couch is kind of a deal breaker, don’t you think?
10) When Derek needed a translation
He is a world class neurosurgeon and still couldn’t figure these two out!
11) When Meredith was just Meredith.
Happens to us all.
12) When Derek spoke about sleepovers.
Not awkward at all.
13) When the reason for their strong bond was stated so simply.
So simple, so perfect.
14) When Christina told Meredith to avoid doing some stuff…
Stuff that Meredith inevitably gets into.
15) And last but not the least…
Ain’t no party like a 30 second dance party, right?