The fifth season of Downton Abbey is out and Star World Premiere is all set to air the latest season (a good 4 months before America gets to see it)! Set in a fictional Yorkshire country estate of Downton Abbey, this show has charmed the world with its British wit, compelling storylines, the impact of huge historic events in the protagonists lives and, of course, Maggie Smith’s delightful portrayal of Violet Crawley, Dowager Countess of Grantham! So here are 12 coolest quotes from the show that’ll get you super excited for Season 5!
1) When Violet told Mary what she can exactly do!
Ladies can do what they want, when they want. #BritishWomenPower
2) When the fact about good men was stated so simply!
So simple, so true!
3) When calling a girl an angel didn’t make much sense!
4) When the legendary British wit was out and about!
5) When Violet and Maya Sarabhai were practically the same people!
6) When honesty was actually the greatest policy!
The sarcasm can kill.
7) When a man’s interest was ‘proper’ or not was discussed.
Proper is boring, who needs proper? Who likes proper? Tell proper to go home.
8) When Lady Cora showed these Brits what she’s made of!
9) When Violet said the truth (obviously)
Can she read our minds?
10) When Violet said the truth (again)
What is this? Is she Professor McGonagall undercovering as a Muggle? Can she perform Legilimency?
11) When the absolute truth was said again
It’s like these guys have a window to my soul which they can open and close at their will!
12) When Violet (who is definitely Prof. Mcgonagall in Muggle form) spoke the truth. AGAIN!
Professor, please! You’re forcing us to learn Occlumency!
Tell us… how excited are you for Downtown Abbey season 5? Don’t forget to catch it on Star World Premiere!