– Ace filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali has finally commenced shooting for his magnum opus, Bajirao Mastani, after 10 years. The film’s leading actor, Ranveer Singh has cut himself off from the outside world to concentrate on playing the intense role of Bajirao. What’s more, the youngster recently got his head shaved for the character.
– Industrywalla reveals to us that Sonam Kapoor and Salman Khan had a LOT of ice to break when they first started shooting Sooraj Barjatya’s Prem Ratan Dhan Payo! After all, their equation has changed a lot since she used to know him as her dad’s friend, and now she’s supposed to romance him on-screen. More details on that coming soon.
– It seems going pantless is the latest trend amongst our B-town heroes. After Ranveer Singh and Randeep Hooda, it’s Saif Ali Khan who recently took off his pants. Apparently, the actor would change his outfits on location to save time during the shoot of Happy Ending. And he even posed sportingly when the crew members tried to take his photographs. Stay tuned for Saifoo’s pantless picture!
– Producer Ekta Kapoor had recently bought the official rights of the popular Japanese novel The Devotion of Suspect X. Director Sujoy Ghosh will be adapting it into a film and Saif Ali Khan will be seen playing the protagonist in it. On the other hand, another production house has purchased the remake rights of the Malayalam hit, Drishyam, a flick that happens to be loosely inspired by the same novel. Ajay Devgn is being considered to play the lead.
– Deepika Padukone, who will be seen playing the character of Mohini in Happy New Year, was recently asked if her role is similar to that of Madhuri Dixit‘s character in Tezaab as the latter was named Mohini as well. The actress promptly denied and clarified that there’s no similary between the two.
– Aamir Khan‘s Dhoom 3 had garnered Rs 500 crore at the Indian box office and now, the film has become the highest grossing foreign film of 2013 in Australia. Now, that’s definitely an accomplishment that Indian cinema can boast of!
– It seems Hrithik Roshan has added a new clause to his contract. According to it, the superstar will finish shooting for Ashutosh Gowariker‘s period drama, Mohenjo Daro, in 150 days. And after that, Hrithik will continue to give his time to the project only if he’s paid on a per-day basis. Ahem!
– Of late, Lisa Haydon has been busy with the promotions of her upcoming film opposite Akshay Kumar, The Shaukeens. But this beauty won’t be able to be a part of their upcoming promotional activities as she was recently rushed to the Breach Candy Hospital in Mumbai after she was diagnosed with dengue. Here’s wishing her a speedy recovery!
Watch out for a lot more of Bollywood news and gossip right here on MissMalini.com!