Call me biased, but when it comes to Shah Rukh Khan, there’s nothing that I don’t LOVE! Needless to say, I totally enjoyed watching his latest release, Happy New Year. Packed with comedy, action, romance, drama and loads of fun moments, this flick left me with an ear-to-ear grin plastered on my face.
Considering the movie has garnered a collection of more than 44 crores on the opening day, it’s quite evident that it had a similar impact on thousands of others too! So I decided to pick out 21 things about this film that made me (and maybe you too) smile.
1. Shah Rukh Khan’s KICKASS dialogue delivery
“Duniya mein do tarah ke log hote hain – winners aur losers.”
“Kismat bahut kutti cheez hai.”
2. Shah Rukh Khan’s eight-pack abs and those dimples
3. Shah Rukh Khan’s power-packed action sequences
The king of romance can also be the emperor of action. Hence, proved.
4. Shah Rukh Khan’s unbeatable charm
Be it the film’s female protagonist, Mohini or your next-door neighbour, Rohini – every girl is bound to fall for this man!
(PS: Pardon the SRK loyalist in me for going on and on about him.)
5. Abhishek Bachchan’s comic timing
The nagoba dance was EPIC, isn’t it?
6. Deepika Padukone’s sultry moves
I saw EVERY man (and, well, most women too!) in the theatre swooning over her during her sensuous number, Lovely.
7. Palak from Comedy Nights with Kapil as Faroj Khan giving dance lessons
That was a hilarious surprise!
8. Boman Irani’s love for food
From strawberry milkshakes to yummy cakes – he carries everything in his bag. And we LOVE him for that!
9. Abhishek’s colourful shirts
Straight out of the rainbow, AB Jr.’s outfits in the movie definitely grabbed our eyeballs.
10. Sonu Sood’s lack of shirts
He is so hot!
11. Anurag Kashyap and Vishal Dadlani’s sleazy romance
NEVER did I EVER imagine music director Vishal taking off ace filmmaker Anurag’s bra. Kudos to Farah for making the unthinkable possible!
12. Shah Rukh and Deepika’s crackling chemistry
Cheers to Charlie and Mohini’s jodi!
13. Vivaan Shah’s geeky innocence
His boyish charm is definitely going to win him a lot of female fans.
14. Daisy Irani as Boman’s angry (and cute) mom
Moms are adorable!
15. Jackie Shroff’s shades of grey
*Slow claps* for pulling off a negative role so effortlessly.
16. Prabhudheva’s dance
Now, that’s something that we can never get bored of.
17. Vishal and Shekhar’s foot-tapping music
School kids have already zeroed down on the song, Indiawale, for the next Independence day function. Yay!
From the grand Atlantis hotel to Burj Khalifa – Farah took us for Dubai darshan though her movie.
19. Deepika’s Mumbaiya accent
And she loves Englis(h)!
20. Farah Khan’s direction
I sincerely thank the Lord for giving her enough strength to recuperate from the tragedy titled Tees Maar Khan. On a serious note, we love Farah for taking us on a joyride called Happy New Year.
21. AbRam Khan
It was indeed a treat to see the li’l munchkin on screen for the first time and that too, with his father. Aww!
What made you happy about Happy New Year?