13 Tips You NEED To Prep For Your Holi Party This Year!Priyam Saha , 05 Mar 2015
Holi is almost upon us, guys! Just today morning I was telling my friend how getting ready for Holi is as crucial as getting ready for work is – if not more. Amidst all the gulal colours, unsuspected water balloons, bhaang glasses and kickass music, one should take extra care to stay safe. Sadly, the colors we use are often synthetic and chemical and bad for our skin. Like our skin doesn’t go through enough already! Be sure to make your Holi eco-friendly to avoid any allergies or harsher health issues.
Here’re some super easy and helpful tips to make your Holi minus any stress!
- Oil your skin and hair well before you start playing. Apply lots of coconut oil or olive oil to protect your hair from harsh color.
- Alternatively, there are branded colors available in the market that are non toxic colors and conform to European standards. These does not require oiling and are easily washable.
- Apply some oil behind your ears, ear lobes and nails. You can further protect your nails by covering them with nail polish of any dark color.
- Put lip balm or lipstick on your lips to protect those as well.
- Use a toner to close the pores on your face before you head out. This way, you reduce the chances of color going in too deep.
- Don’t forget to wear waterproof sunscreen 30 minutes prior to playing, followed by a moisturizer before you step out for a day in the sun!
- Wear clothes that cover most of your body. These clothes should be made of a lightweight, easy-to-dry material. Avoid heavy fabrics like denim that don’t dry easily.
- It’s a good idea to wear a thick scarf or bandana to cover your hair.
- Don’t wear lenses when you go out to play!
- Dust off the dry color before you hit the shower.
Clean your face using cotton dabbed in moisturizing cream or oil/milk followed by a cleanser or scrub. Avoid excessive scrubbing or rubbing as they damage your skin and cause irritation.
- Wash your hair using a mild shampoo, but don’t overuse the shampoo. If the color doesn’t come off your scalp in one try, just let it stay on and shampoo again in a day or two. Non-toxic colours such as Rangeela Non-Toxic Holi Ke Rang from Pidlite Industries does not harm the hair in any way.
- All that color and shampoo will tend to dry out your scalp. Definitely use a conditioner after shampooing.
- Have an absolute blast!
Rangeela Non-Toxic Holi Ke Rang
Rangeela Non-Toxic Holi Ke Rang is a safe, non-toxic range of ready-to-use powder colors and is made of cosmetics grade ingredients. Moreover, these colors can be easily washed out from the skin and hence saves on water. Double yay!
Rang barse, guys!