Fashionista, stylist, actor and dancer Pernia Qureshi is on the cover of the new Condé Nast Traveller and she looks incredible! Talking about her travels she takes the readers through everything from how to pack and what to keep in mind when you want to travel like a fashionista. Here are 10 tips from Qureshi herself:
1. The first thing you need to do before packing for your vacation, is to check the weather of the place you’re going to.
2. Prepare a packing list on the basis of the number of days of travel, weather and the purpose of visit. List down the occasions you have planned for every day. Whether its 2 meetings, 2 formal dinners and 1 party or 2 beach days and 1 wedding, draw out your vacation plan to make this list.
3. Play safe and try on everything before you pack. Create complete looks for every day. This will help you avoid add-ons, save space in your luggage and most importantly, you will not have to face I-don’t-know-what-to-wear days.
4. Pack clothes which do not wrinkle easy because you won’t always have the time and means to iron your clothes. Fabrics like jersey, scuba knit and neoprene are some of the safe options in this department. For my trip to Venice, I packed easy pieces from Hemant & Nandita which can just be pulled out of the suitcase and worn.
5. A versatile jacket or a shawl are a must-have in your suitcase. They keep you cozy and comfortable in transit. The boat ride in Venice can a little windy. I was carrying a Pashima shawl throughout the ride which can be seen in my shoot with Conde Nast Traveller.
6. Make sure you always have an emergency beauty pouch in your bag at all times. It can come in handy under different circumstances. Essentials: Toothbrush/Toothpaste, sunblock, hand cream, lip balm, a pocket size mirror and a comb.
7. You know what they say, big sunglasses hide all your sins. Carry a pair which goes with all your outfits and have UV protection. I wore my Chloë sunglasses as an indispensable part of my outfit throughout Venice.
8. And while you’re exploring the world, it’s important to explore yourself with a good book. Catch up on your reading on a vacation, whether it’s on a plane ride or at a beach. Nothing rejuvenates better than a good read. I have been wanting to read Palace of Illusions, which I’m going to do on my next trip.
9. If you’re going for a summer vacation there is nothing better than make-up free skin. Give yourself a break from adverse cosmetics and let your skin breathe. For a fun night out, a bright red or a hot pink lipstick can instantly lift your face.
10. As annoying as it can be, click a lot of pictures. Strike the perfect balance, click the right amount so you capture the memories and yet not miss those moments.
Loving her looks? The entire thing can be shopped right here.
While you’re traveling in vogue, don’t forget the most important thing- have fun!