Salman Khan‘s journey from getting convicted for 5 years to getting a bail within a few hours is miraculous to say the least! The one person who is solely responsible for Salman not having to spend his night in jail is Harish Salve, wondering who he is? We’ve got your covered.
1) Harish Salve, served as the Solicitor General of India from 1 November 1999 to 3 November 2002.
2) He has represented high-profile cases like Mulayam Singh Yadav, Prakash Singh Badal and Lalit Modi but his reputation skyrocketed after he won Mukesh Ambani‘s gas dispute against brother Anil who was represented by Ram Jethmalani.
3) His latest ongoing case is representing Ratan Tata who has gone to the Supreme Court claiming that his privacy has been violated in the Nira Radia tapes scandal.
4) Hiring Harish Salve as lawyer does not come cheap. He apparently charges a massive fee of Rs 30 lakhs per day.
5) In 2013, Salve was admitted to the English Bar and he subsequently joined the Blackstone Chambers.
6) Apparently, he only accepts the first brief, Mr. Salve is no one’s second choice!
7) He was appointed Amicus Curiae by the Supreme Court in cases mostly relating to the preservation of the environment.
8) He’s the son of N. K. P. Salve, who was a prominent politician and member of the Indian National Congress party.
9) In 2009, India Today magazine ranked him the 18th most powerful person in the country
10) He loves playing the piano!