1. It’s long. Longer than it should be.
2. The kid who plays little Ranbir looks exactly like little Ranbir!
3. I am not sure you’re supposed to look like Anushka Sharma does when you’re singing. (The way her mouth moves in that exaggerated fashion?) Even in the 60s. (But the soundtrack is catchy!)
4. Ranbir Kapoor is amazeballs. Epically so and he looks delicious. (Also he should definitely be in the Indian Fight Club remake.)
5. Karan Johar has the best evil laughter of all time!
6. Ranbir’s hair, will grow on you :)
7. Vivaan Shah can make a small role BIG.
8. At least one character in this movie is gay. (In real life too.)
9. It’ll make you curious & nostalgic for an era, that you never got to be a part of. And scare you a little bit that it is now 55 years since the time in which this movie was set! (We are the future.)
10. The machine guns are dope! (And the bullets were from Turkey.)
11. Kay Kay Menon usually plays characters with more “balls”.
12. They built a whole city to recreate “prohibition Bombay” over in Sri Lanka! (More things I learnt at the Bombay Velvet press junket here.)
13. Ranbir Kapoor is a HUGE Charlie Chaplin fan and would have liked to be him, I feel like he channeled him a lot in this movie, just a darker side than Barfi...
14. Everything beautiful, is flawed.
And that is why, IF you’re like me (click here to find out if you are) you’ll love (or at least like!) this movie. Not for its ground-breaking cinema, or being another off-beat adventure; but for trying to tell a story that could break your heart, on the steps of the cinema, with all the lights on.