It’s safe to say that the rains are almost on their way out of here (No more Lion King hair, yay!). If you’re a true fashionista, you’d know that there’s always a new trend on the block with each season. And at the moment we’re loving fall’s over-coat, layering trend. I’ve personally always been a fan of layering – it’s chic, comfy and if done right can take your look from 0-100 in seconds!
Now, agreed that Bombay weather isn’t very conducive to layers and well, any sort of extra clothing. But like the West (no, not Kanye West), not only do all our favourite celebrities and models layer up when it’s cold, they layer up just to give their mundane jeans and tee look an upgrade. So why shouldn’t we? And when I spotted the beautiful Shveta Salve in this layered look, my blogger fingers just had to get crackin’.
Simple and done right, Shevta paired a white tee and jeans with an overcoat and ankle booties. This outfit just yells fall, don’t you think? So, in conclusion; When God (a.k.a the fashion industry) gives you stylish jackets and capes, you just wear it… for the greater cause you know.
1. Keep your outfit minimal for a low-key, yet polished look. Pair a cape or jacket on a tee and jeans just like Shveta has.
2. Have a favourite scarf? Layer it over your LBD and you’re done. Check out this how-to tutorial.
3. Layer light. You can pick your favourite floral dress and team it up with a denim jacket. Or you could even pair it with a chambray jacket and knot it up at the waist.
4. Kimonos are back in style and give you that effortless boho look. You can pair it with your favourite pair of distressed denims and a tank top.
5. If you’re heading to a colder place this fall, take out your faux leather skinnies. Go for a chic-edgy style by adding a clash of print to a classic preppy sweater-over-collared-shirt combo.