*But first, how gorgeous is this city?!
Hello! I’ve had a couple crazy months of travel (NOT THAT I’M COMPLAINING!) but I have decided October is the month I come back to my first love, blogging of course! I miss writing for you guys and I hope you miss me too :) so here you go, one of my many adventures was an epic trip to Stockholm to visit the H&M headquarters before their India launch which is happening on October 2nd in Delhi!
While I was admiring the gorgeousness that is the city of the brand’s origin (and tweeting the hell out of it, as you can see!) check out some super cool things I discovered about one of my favourite high street brands… oh and ladies, it’s time to shop your hearts out because… HELLO, H&M IS FINALLY IN INDIA!!! YAAAAAY!
1. H&M’s first store was called “Hennes” which means “hers” and sold affordable dresses for women. (Just the way we like ’em!)
2. Hennes then took over their neighbouring store “Mauritz” and continued to sell their actual stock of Mauritz hunting and fishing gear!
3. When H&M interviews you for a job they are likely to ask you what your “values” are. Note to self: great question! You can tell theirs are strong, well thought out and implemented EVERYWHERE!
4. You can find H&M stores in 59 countries! (New markets coming up, South Africa Spring 2015 and Fall Indian 2015)
5. During a fashion show in 2001 in Dalmatia, Sweden; supermodel/actress Grace Jones was really grouchy all day till someone promised she could keep the shoes she was wearing! (Hahaha clearly a way to a models heart is through (eye)candy for her feet!)
6. H&M held the largest fashion show with 150 models in central park in 2005, “it felt like rush hour on the tube!” AND then up and coming rap artist Kanye West performed!
7. For the longest time on the opening day at any H&M store the first 100 customers would get a red rose :)
8. Spot the young Cindy Crawford!
9. When H&M started these sexy billboards, people were actually driving off the road looking at Anna Nicole Smith, Pamela Anderson, Julia Roberts’ Brother, a young Naomi Campbell, Salma Hayek at 21, Kylie Minogue and JD in the epic Johnny Depp “boyfriend sweater”! (Sorry Ryan Gosling, but it’s true.)
10. H&M decided to mix it up with collaborations with fashion icons like Karl Lagerfeld because they felt their underwear campaigns were getting predictable – Karl simply asked, “am I going to be the first? Then ok I will do it for you.” He made underwear inspired dresses instead since he doesn’t do underwear! (Love the irreverent, vintage ads!)
11. Balmain is launching their H&M collaboration on November 5th and it looks UH-MAZING! (Stay tuned…)
12. H&M has a Long Live Fashion – global garment collection from recycled fibers. Look for the H&M Conscious green tags that rep garments for sustainability + visit clevercare.info on how to care for your precious garments. FYI, if you drop off old clothes to be recycled at any H&M around the world you’ll get a shopping discount voucher too! #WinWin
13. H&M’s credo is, “Fashion and quality at the best price – in a sustainable way – with the customer in focus” And how do they think you should dress?
Mental age over physical age – dress your personality.
A very special thanks to team H&M for their epic hospitality, FYI, I’ve never been to a Cray Fish party before and it was all kinds of awesome!
So fun! My first #crayfishparty hahahahaha #Stockholm I love you :) #Sweden #HMIndia #DesiGirlTraveler #Bar #party #dinner #travel #crayfish A video posted by MissMalini (@missmalini) on
And boy was the free lunch everybody gets at the swanky H&M cafeteria DELISH! #MissMaliniOfficeGoals
*BONUS: Favourite purchase from my H&M shopping haul has to be this pair of white high-top kicks. How cute ARE they?!
I rocked H&M head to toe at Lakmé Fashion Week as soon as I landed and was sooooper comfy all day long! Viva la sneaker dress combo, you like? :) xoxo
Rinse & repeat for the opening of the new Social at Palladium Mall because HELLO, SNEAKERS!!!
Watch my vlog from the trip here: