According to a report from IBN Live and DNA, a woman from Jabalpur named Sonal Pandey consumed poison because of a fight she had with her husband over Aamir Khan‘s intolerance remark. After taking such a drastic step, she was rushed to a hospital but unfortunately she died during treatment despite best efforts of the doctors. Here’s what Sonal’s father-in-law, RP Pandey said about the incident –
My son poked fun at Sonam, saying what kind of man is the Bollywood star, who wants to settle abroad on the advice of his wife.
Angered by her husband’s criticism of her favourite actor, he added that Sonam ran upstairs and locked herself inside a room.
After a while, she started screaming. When Mayank went to her rescue, he found her vomiting. It appeared like she consumed some poisonous substance. Sonam was then rushed to the hospital, but she died later.
When contacted, Kotwali police station inspector Praful Shrivastava said that they were investigating the matter and will proceed accordingly.