Hi friends, we mere mortals (who didn’t mortgage our homes to buy tickets for the Filmfare Awards this year) finally got to watch the ceremony on TV tonight. Many thoughts went through this brain of mine so I decided to list them down. Let me know your opinion about the show (and this blog) in the comments below.
1) Karan Johar is looking so cute with a bow-tie
2) SHAH RUKH KHAN!
3) It’s fine if Varun Dhawan and all think you’re mad Shah Rukh, you’re still the best thing to happen in our country.
This year it will be a special Filmfare awards this time. Reason? SRK is hosting it after 4 years. #FilmfareWithKingKhan
— Israr (@israrrukh) February 7, 2016
4) Dat stubble tho.
5) See, everyone is so happy looking at him.
This is Special as SRK is Hosting it #FilmfareWithKingKhan
— I came the Farthest (@NextToSRK) February 7, 2016
I came home from hostel just to watch, #FilmfareWithKingKhan
— Tinkerbelle (@Soniya_Jackson) February 7, 2016
Sense of Humour ki Dukan#FilmfareWithKingKhan
— MɑX. (@SRKsTrooper) February 7, 2016
6) SALMAN KHAN!
7) Love this friendship yaar.
8) Hahah! Salman and Anil Kapoor gave SRK’s opening monologue a standing ovation. #BroGoals
9) “Log kehte haon Paro ko chhod do, Paro kehti hai sharaab chhod do, gharwale bolte hai AbRam ko school chod do.”
10) Trust him to make fun of the numerous ‘bans’ levied on him
11) Piku ne potty ko itne bade position pe daala hai, everyone now sings ‘chaar baj gaye lekin potty abhi baaki hai’. SRK should have just added #SorryNotSorry after saying this.
12) Pichle saal Munni badnaam hui thi, iss saal Salman Munni ko sarhad paar karke chhod aaye. SRK picks his jokes from Twitter I think.
13) RANVEERRRRRR SINGGGHHH <3 giving flying kisses to Parineeti Chopra while Deepika Padukone looks shocked. Naaaice.
14) ‘Main bhand hoo, kahi bhi shuru ho jaata hoo’, no one minds if you start anything Ranveer ;) #DoTheRex
15) Ranveer dancing to Pinga might be the best sight I’ve seen today
16) I really like the banter between SRK and Ranveer, they should do a movie together.
17) HAHAHAHAHAH he’s doing Kathak. Pandit Birju might lose it.
18) Okay now I’m shipping Varun Dhawan and Ranveer more than #DeepVeer
19) What should their hashtag be?
20) #VarVeer? Or #RanVar? Think about it.
21) Of course SRK will dance to Malhari, he’s the f*cking king!
22) Well done Kriti, we’re sure Sadhna would be proud :)
23) Why hello, Kapil Sharma!
24) “Karan ka performance bahut acha hai, main usse barso se jaanta hoo” – SRK practically making Kanta Ben faint in some corner of the world.
25) Shah Rukh, do a movie with Madhuri ya next.
26) Deepika looks so cute when she laughs, no wonder Ranveer is lattu.
27) Basically SRK and Kapil are reenacting all the memes regarding Prem Ratan Dhan Payo on stage.
28) Jacqueline Fernandez is sex on legs.
29) But these multiple performances by celebrities is getting quite boring.
30) Did Ekta Kapoor direct this section of the awards?
31) “I’m sorry for people who bought tickets on EMI” – Irrfan, same bro same.
32) Hahaha Irrfan for President.
33) But nothing describes Irrfan’s look at the awards better than this tweet.
34) Okay now Shah Rukh and Irrfan in a movie together, please.
35) Here’s a picture of the 6th Annual Filmfare Awards because history is fun!
36) Sanjay Mishra is too funny, he really needs to be seen more on-screen no?
38) Jokes on Bombay Velvet will continue till the next big Bollywood disaster na.
39) AND Shaandaar, for that matter.
40) Nawazuddin Siddiquee was robbed though.
41) Kangana Ranaut should have been here, the editor would keep showing hers and Deepika’s reaction all the time.
42) “Baith jaiye” – because Mr. Bachchan is hosting KBC here.
43) Madhuri said it so well though, there should now be an award in Amitabh Bachchan’s name.
44) Deepika’s reaction to the guy buying tickets for Rs. 2 lacs is exactly how my mom reacts when she sees my card statement.
45) Kapil Sharma needs to host another show soon.
46) Imagine Amitabh Bachchan picking up a thin old soap and bathing.
47) Another acute observation on today’s awards.
48) Love you Ranveer
49) But why are movies being promoted on an awards show? We get it, you’re excited about Befikre, but you know, this is an awards show, not a reality show where you promote a movie. Or is it?
50) But still, love you Ranveer
51) Love Deepika too
52) There’s just so much love in my heart.
53) Talking about love…
54) Hahah seriously, snarky Shah Rukh is the best Shah Rukh.
55) Really, really hope Alia and Shah Rukh do not romance in Gauri Shinde’s next. She’s far too young.
56) Love that SRK introduced Salman with a Judwaa song.
57) Hi Salman
52) Total Hum Aapke Hai Koun feels
53) No Sangeet song has still reached Deedi Tera Dewar Deewana level.
54) Aww Deepu <3
Watch her entire speech here.
55) More awwwwws
That’s Ranveer’s dad.
56) Oye hoye, touching her parent’s feet and all!
57) This hashtag – #RelationshipGoals was made looking at these two
58) Rekha giving away SRK’s first best actor award and Rekha giving Ranveer his first best actor award.
59) Will he marry me? But I love him with Deepika!
60) So many thoughts, so many emotions.
61) It’s cool, they look far too good together. I won’t come between them.
62) Here’s a picture of the winners of the first Filmfare Awards, because like I said before, history is fun.
Dilip Kumar looking sharp!
63) Hmm nice show over all, but next year Tina Fey and Amy Poehler should host the awards, they’re done with their Golden Globe awards contract anyway.