Yesterday, Urmila Matondkar tied the knot with Mohsin Akhtar Mir in a super secret wedding ceremony that had only one Bollywood celebrity in attendance – Manish Malhotra, who is a mutual friend of the two and who actually introduced them once upon a time. (Find out details of how they met here.)
It was a super hush-hush event, so, of course, everyone wants to know everything – and Mumbai Mirror dished all the details in a piece this morning.
1. The wedding took place on Urmila’s terrace. Her apartment was decorated with lights, but the staff were all told to tell anyone who asked that Urmila was out of town and she wasn’t the one getting married.
2. The celebrations went on for two days – there was a rooftop party, a nikaah, and a Hindu ceremony.
3. Mohsin Akhtar moved into Urmila’s house a day before the wedding and will be staying there.
4. The ceremony was organised by Urmila’s sister, Mamta.
5. Mohsin’s parents came to Mumbai to visit Urmila a month ago and fix the wedding date.
Read more here.