10 Incredibly Helpful Shaving Hacks From Beauty Expert, Namrata Soni!Natasha Patel , 22 Mar 2016
Shaving can be one of the best things known to
mankind every girl. It saves you time, money, the effort of making those dreaded appointments which only results in you joining the cast of Scream Queens, you get where I’m going… Most of you don’t know that you can shave daily or as often as your hair growth dictates. It is also an effective exfoliation process too. Who’d have ever guessed? Speaking of not knowing the benefits of shaving, here are a couple of shaving hacks from beauty expert Namrata Soni, which are so nice, you’ll shave twice! For real. Scroll down and check it out…
- Always exfoliate mildly before you shave, this will help you get rid of your ingrown hair by clearing away dead skin cells. Don’t exfoliate after as skin might be too sensitive post shaving.
- Choose the right blade that’s flexible and can move according to your body curves. Try the Gillette Venus razors for an easy and smooth shave.
- Avoid a dry shave! It might be tempting to skip the step of using shaving gel and water to save on time, but that’s a technique to avoid nicks and irritation.
- For the most effective shave, it is always advisable to shave against the growth of hair starting from the bottom and making your way to the top of the leg.
- You must have heard that pressing too hard while shaving gives you a smooth shave. Let us tell you that this is just a myth. Getting a smooth shave is a lot about applying just the right amount of pressure. To avoid nicks and cuts while shaving, choose not to press hard
- For a close and smooth shave, use the Gillette Venus razors. They’re equipped with aloe strips that leave sensitive skin feeling soft and glossy.
- Using ice immediately after shaving closes the pores on the skin post the shave.
- If you suffer from extremely sensitive skin, use calamine lotion or aloe vera gel immediately after shaving, it helps soothe the skin.
- Skip scents. Avoid using any fragrances, perfumes or deodorants on the shaved areas for an hour after shaving. Instead, use an unscented lotion to seal in moisture.
- Best secret to super smooth legs: Shave, then use olive oil or sugar syrup, and shave again! You will get rid of all the dead skin you didn’t even realize existed.
Yup, you’re definitely Drake level on top now!
Let us know what works for you and if you have any hacks as well?
Don’t forget to follow Gillette Venus on Facebook and Twitter.
This post is in partnership with Gillette Venus