These are the top television news stories for June 21st, 2016.
– The monsoon season is here, which means that your favourite television couples will probably be romancing in the rain soon! Abhi and Pragya from Kumkum Bhagya will apparently have a romantic moment in the rain soon, where Abhi is getting drenched and Pragya tries to pulling him back inside.
– Diya Aur Baati Hum‘s Urmila Sharma (Dayisa) is a new entrant on Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai? In upcoming episodes, Tika’s wedding is getting fixed, and Urmila will be playing the character Tika may be getting married to.
– Shiv Pandit, who you’ll know from Shaitaan and Boss, said that he doesn’t like “what TV soaps depict here” and he knows that he can’t do TV on a daily basis. He said that there’s little emphasis on quality, but if something good is offered to him, he won’t mind returning to television. Read his full interview here.
– Dahleez, the Star Plus show, is going off air on the 26th of June. The actors confirmed the news to India-Forums, saying that the finite show is ending as promised.
– Speaking of finite TV series, Dia Mirza (who made her television debut with Ganga The Soul Of India) said that she has had to refuse TV offers because they require between 150-300 days of commitment, which she can’t manage with the other commitments she has. However, she’s open to doing more finite TV shows, so if something comes her way and she likes it, you may continue to see her on your television screens!
– Fans of Ek Duje Ke Vaaste should prepare themselves for something big. Apparently, Suman (played by Nikita Dutta) will get into an accident, and Shravan (Namik Paul) will rush to her assistance.