So, hair removal is basically a right of passage for every teenage girl and the feeling you get the first time you touch your smooth legs is absolutely incomparable to anything else. I’m telling you! What a feeling! Anyway, moving on… For many years I chose to wax my hands and legs because I was ill-informed and just following the crowd really, but recently, I switched to shaving and it is quite honestly liberating and fits into the rest of my beauty regimen quite perfectly! I also found out after I switched that I was not alone. Many other women have gotten on to the shaving bandwagon for a range of reasons. Here are some I’ve heard.
1. “It makes my skin feel so smooth just like any other method. So why should I choose anything else?”
2. “I have super sensitive skin and this method is chemical-free unlike other hair-removal methods.”
3. “I have zero pain tolerance, so it’s awesome that it’s pain free.”
4. “It’s so easy to do it yourself.”
5. “I just love to travel! I’m always on the move and it travels so well!”
6. “I can’t stand stinky smells or feeling sticky, so shaving is the best choice for me personally!”
7. “I have no patience. I can’t wait for a whole month. There’s absolutely no reason to!” (this is me)
8. “I cannot plan my wardrobe in advance. It just never happens! So, this is perfect for me!”
9. “It’s super quick and easy and doesn’t eat into too much of my day.”
Watch this fun little video that we made at MissMalini HQ when we realised that a whole bunch of us switched to shaving!
Just remember, shaving is great as long as you don’t go overboard!
This post is in partnership with Venus by Gillette.