With the number of restaurants popping up every month in Mumbai, it’s hard to stand out unless you have a killer location, unique concept, and amazing food. So MissMalini, I and our friends decided to go check out one such place, and it turned out Dishkiyaoon was all that and more!
1. The name! I mean come on, with a name like Dishkiyaoon, you wanna go check it out at least once!
2. They have a DJ! Most restaurants don’t understand the value of creating the vibe, and there’s no better way to set the mood than with great music!
3. The food was unique in that it was a twist on Northern Indian food, like Chole Empanadas, and red wine braised mushrooms baked khichdi, and croissant baklava with honey saffron ice cream!
4. The White Horse! I personally loved that wooden white horse with whom I spent a considerable amount of time!
5. I also loved the swing bar chairs, which is a great reason to hang out at the bar as opposed to getting a table when you’re just 2-3 people!
6. The most hilarious thing I saw was this scale in the men’s loo next to the urinals! Many a disputes can be settled there instantly!
7. The English telephone booth was a beautiful way to aesthetically cover a massive pillar.
8. The service was fantastic. Nothing like attentive wait staff to enhance your dining experience. They were relaxed and non fussy, (even when I moved the white horse around the bar, they were totally chill!)
9. The drinks were as good as the food, which, as you should know by now, is very important to me! They have a whole bunch of craft beers along along with the regular beers, great selection of single malts, and some phenomenally tasty cocktails with an indian twist, lie the Kaala Khatta Diaquiri! Must try!
10. The vibe and energy of the place was great, the beautiful floor to ceiling glass wall makes the place open and roomy, and the ambience was just perfect. (Plus there’s a tub, because why not?)
BONUS: And I know what MissMalini’s favourite thing was. This little portable charging station on wheels! So #geekchic right MissM?
I would certainly recommend everybody check out Dishkiyaoon for a good early dinner and drinks evening!