Sometimes, when you have feelings for someone, it is hard to say it right away because you don’t really know how the other person feels. Hence we use something called ‘hints’. A user on Reddit asked people about the biggest hints they missed from someone who was attracted to them. Unsurprisingly, most answers were by men and here are some answers they gave that seemed pretty interesting and hilarious at the same time!
1) “Hey, do you want a girlfriend?”
“Nah, I hate pretty much everyone here.”
Holy fuck I’m a dumbass.
2) “Do you want to go upstairs?”
“Have you been upstairs? It’s so crowded, why would we go up there”
Thankfully, she replied with a “you know what I mean.”
3) I had a huge crush on the girl who lived next door to me in high school. Was texting her one night, and she told me that she always wanted to be kissed in the rain. Some short time later she told me to meet her in her driveway and I said something along the lines of “What are you crazy?! It’s pouring outside!”
4) I have missed:
“Let’s get coffee together”
“Come back with me to my room so I can grab a change of clothes for when we go to yours”
“If you asked me out I would say yes”
and my personal favorite:
(while playing with her boobs) “Let’s go some place more quiet”
My friends literally say that it has to be almost a literal sign for me to get a hint.
5) Walked a girl home because I had a huge thing for her and because that’s what gentleman should do for ladies at night. Got to her door and she said I should see her room because she just decorated it and tells me all about it. I just nod and say it sounds really cool. She leans against the wall next to the door and just keeps talking to me, occasionally bringing up the room. Again I’m not taking the hint that I should move with her to the room. She starts playing with the hood strings on my hoodie, pulling them closer to her. I’m actually putting up resistance instead of just going in for the kiss. Finally she pulls really hard and I pull back and lose my footing and almost fall. We talk a little bit more, she brings up her room. I say something stupid like “Oh I’ll have to see it next time I come over”. She goes inside, I walk back across campus and realize what an idiot I am. I tell my friend about it and he literally smacks the shit out of me. She ended up having to kiss me a week later before I finally got the hint.
6) There was a girl i really liked when i was younger but never had the nerve to make a move. She slept over my house one time, in my bed. At one point she told me she was cold, so i went and got her another blanket being the gentleman that i am. 12 years later via facebook she told me she was hinting that she wanted to have sex with me but i blew it. She is still super hot as well. Shame.
7) Climbing up on top of my lap in a hot tub and taking off her top and kissing me.
Me: “Haha you’re silly that’s not how you swim”
In my defense I was really really drunk.
8) Context: visiting some friends in another city. One of them tells me a girl in the group is into me. Tells me they’re gonna go and leave me alone with her in this romantic place with a bridge over a canal and what not. Never bothered to ask me if I liked said girl.
Following dialogue ensues:
Me: —God, I’m so tired, I couldn’t sleep last night…
Her: —I know, me neither! I was so nervous about meeting you!
Me: —… because of a mosquito. There was a mosquito that wouldn’t let me sleep.
Needless to say I walked her to the bus stop and nothing happened.
9) I had Skype open on my computer and she messaged me.
Girl: “hey sexy”
Me: “what’s up?
Girl: “call me” and proceeds to send video call invite
Me: declines call. “Sorry I’m busy” (was playing video games. Wtf was I thinking)
Girl: “oh ok, that’s fine”
Never talked to me again. We even go to the same college now, but I haven’t gotten the courage to start talking to her again.
10) She asked me if I was in a relationship and I said no. She said “well, I’m as free as a bird myself…”
It seems so obvious in hindsight.
11) A lady invited me to sleep in her bed with her, and I promptly curled up and went to sleep. In my defense I was extremely drunk, but she was quite unhappy with me the next day and told me.