Her debut Hindi film Sanam Teri Kasam had a World Television Premier on &pictures last week, so we caught up with Mawra Hocane, the Pakistani model and actress, who we have a feeling is going to take over Bollywood soon enough. And the best part is that we played a round of fashion 20 questions with her!
1. Describe your personal style?
I can’t conform to one particular style as I’m always open to all trends. I get bored too quickly so I’d say I’m versatile with my style. The fresher the trend, the better.
2. Who do you consider a style icon and why?
Blake Lively. I love how she experiments with colours and multiple trends and looks super comfortable carrying all of them off.
3. How did you enter the industry?
It was a rather progressive process. I started in theatre when I was 15 or so, after which I was selected for a national TV show and then for the films when my director watched my TV show. I have worked very hard as a child and even today I leave no stone unturned to deliver what my directors ask of me.
4. What’s is your go-to beauty product? Why?
A lip and cheek stain because I don’t need anything else. I’m blessed with good skin so just this product and I’m good to go.
5. What are the 3 things we will always find in your handbag?
My mobile, credit card and my lip and cheek stain.
6. What’s the one fashion trend that’s caught your fancy right now?
Off-shoulder. I think I’ve bought all the possible off-shoulder outfits in the world. I’m obsessed.
7. What’s the one beauty trend that love?
The less or no makeup trend! I love going almost au natural.
8. Who is the ultimate beauty icon in your opinion?
Princess Diana is timeless; unparalleled grace, elegance and beauty.
9. What’s your favourite social media platform and why?
It’s got to be Instagram. It’s just so much fun; especially after the Boomerang app. And I love my Insta-family!
10. Which decade do you wish you could have lived in and why?
The ’70s ! Why does That classic winged liner is the best.
11. If you had to run out of a burning house, what is the one thing you’d leave with?
My phone, so I can call the Fire Brigade.
12. One fitness tip that you feel would help our readers.
Practice yoga. You can do it for however long, but do it everyday. It’ll keep you fit, peaceful and most of all, happy.
13. Your ultimate food indulgence.
Chocolate fudge cake with vanilla ice cream. Forever love!
14. If you were a superhero, what would your name be and what would your super power be?
I think I am a Superhero already. The name is Mawra amd the power is spreading L-O-V-E.
15. One skincare tip.
Drink a lot of water. I mean A LOT. It will keep you fresh, fit and beautiful. Water is everything!
16. One haircare tip?
Listen to you mother when she wants to oil your hair. I always do. It’s the best thing for your hair.
17. One thing your mother told you that you swear by.
She always taught me as a child, ‘Ba Adab Ba Naseeb. Be Adab Be Naseeb’ It’s an Urdu phrase which means if you respect others, you’ll have a beautiful destiny and vice versa
18. Favourite designers and brands.
I love Muse & Elan in Pakistan and definitely Masaba & Manish Malhotra in India. Generally, I buy what I feel good in & looks gorgeous at that point of time. No favourites!
19. What is the perfect outfit to you right now?
These days it’s anything paired with an off-shoulder. A skirt or dress, or pants or even a ripped denim.
20. What do you travel in?
Track suits by Juicy Couture. They’re comfy and great to look at too.