The hilarious and full-of-life trailer of Kaalakaandi finally released yesterday and I have to tell you, I wasn’t the slightest bit disappointed! The film is a funny tale of life and death and traces the journey of six different characters from different backgrounds on one monsoon night in Mumbai.
What’s really exciting is that we’re seeing Saif in a never-seen-before avatar and he plays it with so much ease! If you loved Delhi Belly, you can be sure you’re in for a joyous ride because this film marks the directorial debut of its writer Akshat Verma.
While the trailer in itself is quite hilarious, here are a few of our favourite scenes.
1. When Saif finds out he has stomach cancer and says “I’m going to jack off till my dick falls off!”
2. When Saif tells Akshay Oberoi, who plays his brother in the film – “Aap sir hamaari khaandaan par kalank hai. Aap nange TV par gir gaye, aap nange ladies par nahi gir sakte the?”
3. When Saif eats the star aka ‘you know what it is’ and says “Yeh maine pehle kyun nahi kiya?”
4. When Deepak Dobriyal tells Vijay Raaz, “Aapko goli khaani padegi” and he responds with “Bho****ke tu mujhe goli maarega ma*****od?”
5. When Saif tells Nari, “No licky, no sucky, no love you long time only looky!”
6. When Akshat Verma writes Emraan Hashmi jokes to perfection!
7. When Saif asks Akshay Oberoi if he can cut his hair! “Tune baal nahi kataaye. Main kaat doon? Maine kabhi kaate nahi hai. Pata nahi aise nahi hona chahiye ki tere bacche tere shaadi ke photos dekh ke soche unki maa ne kisi jhaat se shaadi ki”
And now, check out the trailer! I promise, you’ll love it.
Produced by Cinestaan Film Company and Ashi Dua Sara of Flying Unicorn, the film stars Saif along with Deepak Dobriyal, Vijay Raaz, Kunaal Roy Kapur, Sobhita Dhulipala, Akshay Oberoi, Isha Talwar, Shenaz Treasury, Shivam Patil, Amyra Dastur, Nary Singh and Neil Bhoopalam.