Every food lover is always on a never-ending quest for the best things to eat in whichever city it is that they’re in. Obviously, the thrill of stumbling upon food gems by yourself is pretty amazing, but what tends to make it easier is hearing or reading about these places from people who’ve already done the legwork for you. Enter MissMalini! We’ve curated a list of the 10 best dishes in the city, recommended by the best food scouters of Mumbai.
1. Shivesh Recommends: Macarons at Le 15 Cafe, Colaba
They’re one of the best I’ve ever had and are available in a lot of different interesting flavours. My favourite are lavender and passion fruit.
Price: ₹75 each
2. Bombay Bhukkad Recommends: Mutton Thali at Gavkari, Prabhadevi
If you’re craving a thali from a land-locked region, I proudly present, Gavkari. For sure, it’s your best bet in these parts.
Price: ₹240 each
3. Prithvish Ashar Recommends: The Beetroot Galouti Kebab at Talaiva, Kamala Mills
This is one dish that has a lot of potential but is not an easy dish to nail at all. It’s melt-in-the mouth with subtle Rajasthani flavours. And the spices are so balanced. Amazing textures too!
4. BhookkadByBirth Recommends: The Fish and Chicken Thali at Namaskar, Borivali
Almost every Indian region has its own distinctive version of the thali, prepared as per local taste and cooking style. Why should I travel all the way to Malvan when there’s such an authentic Malvani thali close by? Non-vegetarian is bae and so are these thalis here. Multiple delicious dishes served on a single plate.
Price: ₹250 onwards
5. The Hungry Cancerian Recommends: The 24-layered cake at Boston Cupcakery, Andheri West
The 24-layered Cake at Boston Cupcakery is something that I go gaga about! It’s decadent and gooey texture, with all that chocolate is simply a melt-in-mouth affair. This is so far the best 24-layered cake I’ve discovered in Mumbai.
6. A Perfect Fusion Recommends: Molgapudi Idli at Dakshinayan, Juhu
It’s unlike I have tried at any other place until now. Of course it’s rich, as you can taste the ghee, but at the same time it has a burst of flavour in every bite. I go back from time to time just for this one dish.
7. Foodiefoot Recommends: Tres Leches Three Milk Cake at Bombay Adda, Santacruz
This moist sponge cake blew me away. The cake is so soft that it just melts in the mouth. And the cream icin made it even more appealing.
8. Foodietweeter Recommends: Chicken Creamy Garlic Kebabs at Birista, Navi Mumbai
I instantly fell in love with these kebabs.
Price: ₹220 for 6 pieces
9. TheMumbaiGlutton Recommends: Mac ‘n’ Cheese Pizza at Da Capo Café and Bistro, Kharghar
This 7-inch pizza is so cheap and is a lethal combination of two favourites among millennials – Mac ‘n’ cheese spread over a super delicious pizza crust topped with bread crumbs. Definitely worth every penny!
10. SoulKari Recommends: The Drunken Sliders at Le Cafe, Chembur
The Old Monk Festival at Le Cafe is so epic. I loved the sliders here as they were submerged in barbeque sauce and Old Monk. That’s everything you need in a meal!
It’s time you scout out of your routine spots and try these expert recommended places in the city. You can’t go wrong when you’ve been told by professionals.
Do write to us about your experience at any of these or if you have a personal favourite in the comments below.
Don’t forget to follow us at @missmalinilifestyle to never miss a beat!