20 Ways To Save Your Hair, Skin & Nails This HoliNatasha Patel , 26 Feb 2018
The festival of colour a.k.a Holi is upon us. And how ever much we love to play with colour, it can end up ruining our hair, skin and nails. To ensure you don’t end up looking like the Pink Panther, here are the things to do before and after holi.
- Apply coconut or castor oil from your roots to tips—This acts as a layer of protection so that the holi colours wash off easily.
- Wrap your hair in a towel soaked in warm water—The steam will open up your pores allowing oil absorption.
- Accessorise with a scarf to ensure further protection. You can also take a t-shirt and turn it into a stylish turban, like this.
- Immediately comb out your hair so that the dry colours don’t have a chance to harden and settle in further.
- Rinse with cold or lukewarm water and use a mild shampoo.
- Apply lemon juice to restore your hair texture.
- Stay away from any heating tools and use a hair mask once a week.
- Apply a generous amount of vitamin E on your face and body—This provides a protective layer between your skin and the colours. It also nourishes your skin.
- Wear sunscreen even if you aren’t outside.
- Protect your lips by wearing a hydrating lip balm.
- Don’t rub the colour off because your skin can peel—Use a gentle exfoliant or scrub instead. You can also use curd in the shower.
- Lather on moisturiser post shower to soften your skin.
- Apply aloe vera as it has antioxidant and antibacterial properties and can lighten the remaining holi colours.
- Wear sunscreen diligently.
- Slather olive oil on your cuticles so that your nails don’t soak up colour.
- Apply a coat of transparent nail polish so that the colour doesn’t stick.
- Use a dollop of Vaseline over each nail.
- Use nail polish remover to take off the colour from your nails.
- Don’t apply nail polish immediately after—You need to let your nails breathe.
- Keep massaging your nails with almond oil or cuticle oil for a few days after holi.
There you go… Simple and easy ways you can protect your hair, skin and nails this holi.
Happy Holi! And may the force be with you..
P.S: Follow @missmalinifashion and @missmalinibeauty on Instagram for more updates.