Weddings are always beautiful. There’s something so satisfying about seeing two individuals deciding to spend the rest of their lives together. And the celebrations – Indian weddings are so much more than just the union of 2 people. It’s about shopping for the outfits, the dance performances, Mehendi, Sangeet, the fun rituals and of course, the FOOD. It’s nothing short of a festival, TBH.
Blame it all on Bollywood! The weddings we see on screen are so perfect and gorgeous, that one can’t help but imagine the same for oneself. The ones we see in real life too – from Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor‘s small and simple affair in 2012 to very recently, Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma‘s grand destination wedding in Tuscany -we share the emotion, the love & the dreaminess.
Speaking of Bollywood, some of our stars have had the most beautiful weddings, irrespective of the scale. Here are a few:
1. Shilpa Shetty & Raj Kundra (22nd November, 2009)
2. Aishwarya Rai & Abhishek Bachchan (20th April, 2007)
3. Kareena Kapoor & Saif Ali Khan (16th October, 2012)
4. Asin & Rahul Sharma (19th January, 2016)
5. Bipasha Basu & Karan Singh Grover (30th April, 2016)
6. Soha Ali Khan & Kunal Kemmu (25th January, 2015)
7. Arpita Khan & Ayush Sharma
8. Rukmini & Neil Nitin Mukesh (9th February, 2017)
9. Sagarika Ghatge & Zaheer Khan (23rd November, 2017)
10. Amrita Puri & Imrun Sethi (11th November, 2017)
11. Genelia D’Souza & Ritesh Deshmukh (3rd February, 2012)
12. Anushka Sharma & Virat Kohli (11th December, 2017)
And here’s our lucky 13, the one we hope happens soon:
13. Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh (TBA)
No pressure guys, take your time. (Hurry up!)
Did you get married in the last few months? Or are you getting married any time soon? Did you take your cue from Bollywood? Tell me in the comments below!