We depend on this to live. Killing nature will only kill us. Protect the one that nurtures you. Plant a tree and share a smile, whenever you can. . . . . #AnandaWayofLife #worldenvironmentday2017 #worldenviornmentday2017??? #worldenviornmentday #view #nature #mothernature #sky #hills #mountains #himalayas #clouds #green #roomwithaview #bblogger #calm #thankful #gratitude
Living in a metro makes life easier in some ways, but quite difficult in others. The fast pace, uber busy lifestyle that most city dwellers have to take on is highly stress-inducing and sometimes, we need to stop for a moment and take a break from this haste. This is exactly why there are retreat centres spread across India to relax our mind, body and soul. Their wellness programmes rejuvenate us and clear our mind, giving more clarity and also helps in restoring our balance. Here are 10 wellness retreats in India you can totally visit to give you some inner peace.
1. Ananda In The Himalayas
A luxury ayurvedic retreat in India, Ananda combines traditional Ayurveda, Yoga and Vedanta with international wellness experiences, fitness and healthy organic cuisine to restore balance and energy.
Location: Garhwal, Uttarakhand
- The Ananda Active Programme that initiates indoor and outdoor fitness activities.
- Ayurvedic Rejuvenation
- Detox programme
- Dhyana meditation
- The Ananda Rebalance programme that aims at creating inner balance.
- Stress management and weight management programme.
- Yoga and yogic detox
Auroville is a small city in Puducherry and is perfect for people who want to escape from their fast-paced lives. You will find people of different nationalities and cultures here who believe in doing well for their community.
- Visiting the Matrimandir, called the ‘Soul of the city’ is one of the best activities in Auroville for peace. It’s a place where you can become more aware and increase your concentration by being in silence.
- The Quiet Healing Centre, which is Auroville’s health spa, provides a wide range of healing therapies.
- Auroville includes Green practises as one of the activities to protect the environment.
- Integral yoga at Savitri Bhavan takes you on a path of spiritual discovery.
- Other places to visit- Sadhana forest, Solitude farm and Mirabelle Horse Caring.
3. Anahata Retreat
Wake up here ?as demonstrated by @tannedandhow . . . . . . #Hotel #Hotels #HotelRoom #HotelGuide #Hotelier #LuxuryHotel #HotelLife #BoutiqueHotel #DameTravelerHotels #BeautifulHotels #SomewhereIwouldLikeTolive #BestVacations #BeautifulHotels #BeautifulDestinations #DarlingWeekend #TravelDeeper #TravelLover #TravelGoals #TravellingThroughTheWorld #WellTraveled #PassionPassport #DoYouTravel #TravelAwesome #DameTraveler #YogaTravel #TravelTime #LuxuryTravel
A place for yoga enthusiasts, this eco-resort brings cute and comfortable cottages, amazing yoga instructors and healthy food amidst the tropical weather and natural surroundings.
Location: Mandrem, Goa
- Beach yoga and meditation
- Cooking classes
- Yoga retreats with Cameron MacInnes, an international yoga teacher and Reiki Master to help you undergo a personal transformation, Ashtanga Yoga Retreat with Laurence and Gilles as well as Dharma Bums Travel Yoga Retreat with international yoga teachers and practitioners that will take you on a transformative journey to self-awareness.
4. Shreyas Yoga Retreat
Retreat in silence with a book from our library! Away from the city life, work, stress and responsibilities, our tranquil settings create a soothing atmosphere for self-realization. Know more here- http://bit.ly/2ewTbVQ #wellnessholiday #wellness #Ayurveda #repost #relax #soul #enjoy #enjoylife #enjoyinglife
If you want to be surrounded by greenery around you while you indulge in various wellness activities, this is the place to go to!
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Yoga retreat packages
- Wellness spas
- Community Service Exercise- In this exercise, you get to pick ingredients from the organic gardens and prepare a traditional meal with the chefs to serve children at a local orphanage or village school and spend some time with them in order to get a glimpse into their simple village lives.
- Cooking demonstrations with the chef where you can learn to cook vegetarian cuisine.
- Trekking trips to enjoy scenic views.
Vana Malsi Estate in Dehradun. World's iconic wellness retreat located in the foothills of Himalayas and surrounded by Sal Forest. This awe inspiring luxury retreat designed by Spanish architects Esteva I Esteva Arquitectura and owned by young man Veer Singh. From your entrance to the estate you will find that you have landed in a different world as this unique retreat offers a environment that will overwhelm your senses after chaotic journey. DM for exciting offers and go to www.turbanadventures.com. #vanamalsiestate #dehradun #spa #yoga #ayurveda #retreat #luxury #travel #lifestyle #travelblogger #unique #experiences #turbanadventures #letmetaketoindia #incredibleindia #senses
This is a place where you should come with an aspiration to rest, be healthy, learn, open your mind and soul, be with nature and strive to find more balance.
Location: Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- If you want to enter a serene environment as soon as you enter Vana, then the Kila (the heart of Vana), Temple garden and the Sal forest are must visits.
- The Vana cuisine provides wellness objectives and personal preferences with nutritional value. What you eats certainly acts to nourish and heal.
- Traditional medication is provided through Ayurveda, Yoga practises as well as Sowa Rigpa (Tibet’s traditional system of medicine).
- Plenty of rejuvenating spaces to read books and comics which are available at the library.
- Music performances.
- Complimentary therapies
6. Purple Valley Yoga
Purple Valley Yoga offers a quiet location, away from the busy market streets and their yoga retreats are perfect for yoga practitioners to relax, unwind and renew.
Location: Bardez, Goa
- Yoga and meditation
- The morning walk to the shala (Sanskrit for yoga school) is through the tropical gardens of the yoga retreat and is an amazing space with a peaceful energy and the perfect place to deepen and explore your yoga practice.
- Trips to spice plantations
- Movie nights
7. Ashiyana Yoga Retreat
Ashiyana, which means ‘home’ in Hindi, is a Retreat Village that has been designed to help you to feel as comfortable, connected and relaxed as possible. It provides an opportunity to disconnect from technology and tune into the natural rhythms within.
Location: Mandrem, Goa
- Yoga workshops with practitioners from around the world.
- Holistic yoga programmes.
- Spa therapies and treatments, Ayurveda and detox programmes.
- Provision of 5 yoga shalas for guests to practice yoga throughout the day.
8. Soul & Surf
RepostBy @karacolbeck: "Life is unpredictable, it changes with the seasons, even your coldest winter happens for the best of reasons and though it feels eternal, like all you’ll ever do is freeze I promise spring is coming, and with it, brand new leaves. #havepatience #fridaythought #surf #india #soulandsurf #sea #sun #namaste #soul #springiscoming #erinhansonpoetry photo cred @katiearae #soulandsurfindia
Soul & Surf does not follow any strict activity regimes. It’s a place to clear your mind and has a cliff-top, sea-gazing view to lounge and relax. You can still have fun while leading a healthy lifestyle here.
Location: Varkala, Kerela
- Surfing lessons
- Yoga lessons by international teachers Hayley Mia and Freddie.
- Therapeutic massage treatments.
- Bonfire nights with music gigs.
- Movie nights
When Caren travelled to India with her daughter Nicole, her purpose was to explore a place where she can achieve balance, and also offer solitude to grieve for a personal tragedy. At SwaSwara, she found a safe, nurturing environment that connected her with the self. Read more about her inward journey at #SwaSwara in the New York Times. Link in bio.
SwaSwara is designed for holistic and transformational experiences. It is a space where the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda and Yoga embrace you to rejuvenate your body and spirit. It gives a peaceful experience and the only sound that you will hear is from the waves and birds.
Location: Gokarna, Karnataka
- The meditation deck on the cliff provides a 180-degree view of the Om beach and ocean below for meditating.
- You can practice yoga asanas at their yoga shalas.
- Meditation and chanting sessions are held at the Yoga and Meditation Hut.
- There is also an art studio for guests to explore and express their creative thoughts through painting, clay modelling or sculpting under the guidance of the resident artist.
- Ayurvedic and spa therapies that heal your body and relax your mind.
- Organic farming and Karma Yoga where guests spend their time farming with the local farmers there.
10. Neeleshwar Hermitage
A serene retreat, Neeleshwar Hermitage provides lush green trees and blissful environment to enjoy and relax.
Location: Kasaragod, Kerela
- Yoga retreats
- Yoga and meditation workshops
- Activities like trekking and biking for fitness enthusiasts.
- Detox, Ayurvedic treatments and spa.
- Cookery classes
11. Kamal Farms
This is a place built for those who seek to inspire, grow and be fulfilled in their daily lives. Kamal Farms is a breeding ground for those who are curious to begin or continue their journey of self immersion.
Location: Karjat, Maharashtra
- Yoga, chanting and different forms of meditation to relax your mind and body.
- Urban Farming
- Sacred Vedic Fire Ceremony, storytelling, drum circle & dance.
- Nature talk, where you learn about the relationship between your body and nature.
- Nourishing the body with earthy, healthy food.
Which place appealed to your inner peace the most? Let us know in the comments below.
And don’t forget to follow @missmalinilifestyle to never miss a beat!