Accordingly to Andrew Bolton, the head curator of the MET costume institute; “Fashion and religion have long been intertwined, mutually inspiring and informing one another”. On that line of thought, we present to you 2018’s MET theme—Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination.
The Met Gala red carpet brought on some of the coolest and god-like outfits. But with those heavenly bodies came celebrities like Priyanka Chopra, Rihanna, Blake Lively and so on who adorned heavily hair and makeup looks! Scroll down below and take a peek at the most angelic looks we’ve seen on a red carpet ever!
1. Rihanna‘s highlight and gloss combo with a Pope-esque headpiece
2. Selena Gomez‘s golden glazed lids accompanied with a nude pout and a bohemian up-do
3. Priyanka Chopra‘s embellished gold veil and co-ordinated lip colour
4. Rosie Huntington Whiteley‘s saintly halo headpiece styled in a perfect chignon
5. Jasmine Sanders‘ Rapunzel braid accessorised with real roses
6. Rita Ora‘s soft, sleek mane with hot pink lipstick and a dramatic headpiece
7. Amanda Seyfried‘s voluminous bended waves with a tiara
8. Blake Lively‘s subtle smokey eye, rosy lips and a messy bun accessorised with a headpiece
9. Kate Upton‘s multi-coloured jewelled headband with neural makeup
10. Amber Heard‘s halo-esque headpiece and gold painted hair
Amber Heard on the red carpet for the The Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute Benefit celebrating the opening of Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination, Arrivals, New York, May 7, 2018 _ ?: Stephen Lovekin/Variety/Shutterstock _ #MetGala #MetGala2018 #Rihanna #ShutterstockEditorial #ShutterstockEntertainment @slovekinpics @amberheard
11. Emilia Clarke’s heavily blushed cheeks, burgundy lips and vintage jewels
Now wasn’t that amazing?! Which look is your favourite? Comment below and tell us!