All 13 Members Of The Thai Team Have Been Successfully Rescued

Atmaj Vyas , 10 Jul 2018

After a gruelling two weeks, the 12 young boys and their coach that got trapped in a cave due to heavy rainfall, are finally rescued. All 13 of them are safe and there are no reported casualties. The tireless rescue had the gripped the entire world and as hope, prayers and well wishes poured in for the trapped people. The loss of a Thai navy diver who died on Friday while on a re-supply mission inside the cave makes this celebration a bittersweet one.

The team had got trapped on June 23, 2018, while they were exploring the cave complex in the northern province of Chiang Rai after they had finished soccer practice. A heavy rainfall then flooded the tunnels and blocked them inside. It wasn’t until a week ago that they were found by British divers, hungry and huddled in darkness on a muddy bank in a partly flooded chamber.

While the first four boys to be freed were reunited with their parents on Monday night, they had to be behind a glass window. This is because of the possible public health risk. While none of them showed any signs of anything, the health officials wanted to make sure all precautions were taken. They will also be deciding whether the second batch could see their families anytime soon, later on, today. As for the last four who were rescued, they will have to wait a minimum of 48 hours before any decision can be made. All 13 of them will also need to spend a minimum of seven days in the hospital to make sure they are perfectly fine once they leave.

We’re relieved that the boys and their coach got out safe! While they do have to go through a bunch of tests and screenings before they celebrate, the rest of the world sure can! But before we do that, it’s important that we salute the heroes who worked tirelessly in order to make this rescue happen!

Don’t forget to follow us at @missmalinilifestyle to never miss a beat!

Related Stories

Related Stories

More Lifestyle