When you think of your hair, skin or nails, people always say to nourish them from the ground up. And that’s exactly what I did with my recent hair treatment. Although I’ve experienced many hair spas and treatments before (because hello, it’s my job too) I hadn’t ever got one done that was so accurate, quick and effective. The Alchemy treatment at Bodycraft Salon offers something very cool and necessary for the health and longevity of your hair. Here’s what went down:
Step 1: Diagnosis
This step blew me away. First they diagnosed to see what my hair was like, what its needs were and what treatment would be beneficial to the problems that it had. This is also known as “mapping” that was done through an app which stored the details of the hair as well as what my “ideal” hair would be; from the volume, the length, the texture, to everything in between! Based on that, the app came up with a “code” specific to my hair’s needs. The code broke down the kinds of products to use, from nourishing to styling.
Step 2: Cleanse
The next step was a double shampoo wash to clean scalp build-up and immunities.
Step 3: Treatment
From the diagnosis, these were the 3 products that were chosen, keeping in mind the specific needs and problems of my hair.
- A smoothening infusion: This is a concentrated agent. It penetrates to the cortex of the hair to repair the damage.
- An oil emulsion: The second layer that repairs the surface of the hair. This solves all the breakages, hair colour issues and so on.
- Mask: This goes over the cuticle as the last treatment product. It locks the nutrients from the previous steps, further enhancing the benefits.
Step 4: Rinse
After a 15 minute deep head massage, this treatment was rinsed off and towel dried.
Step 5: Blow-dry
Next was a natural blow-out… And I think it turned out fab!
Here are a few things I want to share:
- It was amazing experiencing a personalised treatment that lets you see what products are needed and how that got decided basis the diagnosis of the hair.
- Head massages are my all-time faves, as it really helps in blood circulation. And this one was just great.
- Although I know that a one-time treatment isn’t a long-lasting solution, it’s essential to be regular with this—especially after getting help from their professionals that guided me to use certain products at home.
- Another amazing reason for someone to do this treatment, is that their name, hair history and details get logged in and remains in the system for the next time you visit.
That being said…
Place: Bodycraft Salon, Kemps Corner
Follow @missmalinifashion and @missmalinibeauty on Instagram for more updates.