Since wedding season is BIG towards the end of the year, you could safely say that a lot of Indian brides come under the ‘Winter Bride’ category—and as a winter bride, there is so much one needs to keep in mind. From the colour palette of the wedding, the food, cocktails, to the outfits for the wedding festivities and more. In the mix of all this, there is a high possibility that one might compromise on the trousseau.
As a bride, yes, your outfits for the wedding are of utmost importance—but do also keep in mind the various ‘newlywed’ dinner parties, events and date nights that you’ll go on right after the wedding. So take some time to invest in a good trousseau so you keep your style quotient high even after your wedding festivities are done.
The Lotus Makeup India Fashion Week AW’19 runway was our main source of inspo for this—it showcased garments that were oh-so winter bride worthy while also having an edge that will make you stand out from the rest. Keep scrolling to see:
1. Scalloped saree by Ashwini Reddy
2. Glittery gold palazzo-kurta set by Rabani & Rakha
3. Bodysuit layered with a sheer dress by Not So Serious By Pallavi Mohan
4. Asymmetrical evening gown with an attached pallu by Namrata Joshipura
5. Contemporary black gown with faux feathers from Dolly J Studio
6. Jacketed saree from Charu Parashar
7. Peplum styled blouse and lehenga from Ashwini Reddy
8. Quilted jacket and embroidered dress from Amrich
9. Embellished cape and straight pants from Pankaj & Nidhi
While some of these looks have that classic desi touch, others are a little bit risqué. By bringing you this entire spectrum of ideas, we’re sure you’ll find inspiration for a look that you can wear on date night, to a housewarming party or even your BFFs wedding!