Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you must’ve seen the music video of Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes’ new single Señorita. I’ve been playing this song on repeat recently and I’m not planning to stop anytime soon. This track has got everyone grooving to its sultry beats. It’s super catchy and the perfect song to dance to with your bae.
Besides Shawn and Camila’s undeniable steamy chemistry, what I loved about the video the most, was Camila’s fresh and dewy makeup. When I wasn’t busy admiring at Shawn’s cheekbones and jawline (don’t act like you didn’t) I noticed Camila’s gorgeous smokey eye and blinding highlight and I immediately wanted to try it out. So without any further ado, here’s how you can recreate Camila’s Señorita makeup look:
Camila’s skin is glowing and radiant in Señorita, here’s what you’ll need to recreate a similar base:
- Moisturiser: Go for a lightweight moisturiser so that your skin will be hydrated and ready for makeup application.
- Primer: For that extra glow chose an illuminating primer, one that will give you a ‘lit-from-within’ look.
- Foundation: Choose a foundation with light to medium coverage. A full-coverage foundation won’t help you achieve a natural look.
- Highlighter: There’s no such thing as ‘too much highlighter’ amirite? Especially when it comes to Camila’s makeup look.
Clinique Moisture Surge | (Source: www.clinique.com)
Flower Beauty Illuminating Primer
Smashbox Studio Skin Hydrating Foundation | (Source: www.smashbox.com)
NYX Liquid Illuminator
Camila’s eye makeup in Señorita is perfect for an everyday glam look. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Eye Kohl Pencil: Camila’s lower waterline is tightlined with a kohl pencil, which makes her eyes stand out. What’s interesting is that she has a subtle cat-eye situation going on, but it’s not precise in application—it’s smudged. That’s why you can use the kohl pencil again to create the smudged cat-eye.
- Eyeshadow: Her lids are covered in a shimmery rose colour, so choose a similar shade to achieve this look.
- Mascara: To finish up the entire eye makeup, add some mascara to lift your lashes.
MAC Cosmetics Eye Kohl Pencil Black
Maybelline New York Blushed Nudes EyeShadow Palette
L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara | (Source: www.nykaa.com)
It’s refreshing to see a subtle glossy pout instead of bold lips, isn’t it? Here’s what you’ll need:
- Lip Scrub: A simple DIY lip scrub will do the trick. This step is important because it’ll remove the dead skin off your lips and leave them soft and plump.
- Lip Balm: Add a layer of lip balm before adding any other product, to hydrate them.
- Lip Gloss: Choose a lip gloss with a pinkish-brown hue similar to the one Camila wore in the music video.
The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter
Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss – Buff
Now ready you’re ready to slay Camila’s Señorita makeup look and that’s true la la la (sorry). If you haven’t watched the music video yet, check it out now!
Follow @missmalinibeauty on Instagram for more updates.