Imagine a senario like this—You finally take the time out and decide to wash your hair only to realise that your shampoo is almost over. And after you’ve washed your hair, you decide to throw the bottle away. You must be thinking that this is pretty standard routine right? Nothing out of the blue, it’s just another daily chore. However, this attitude of ours has done more damage to the planet than we can imagine. We think that
“It’s just one bottle”but we also forget that we have
just one planet.Slowly but surely we can all make small changes that’ll benefit the planet. You can make one change that’ll have a huge positive impact on our planet—swap your shampoo bottles for shampoo bars.
It’s as simple as that. Just think about it, if we all make this tiny change we’ll save our landfills and oceans from tons of plastics (quite literally). Shampoo bars are a great alternative to the liquid shampoos that come in plastic bottles. They’re known as “naked products” since they don’t come in any packaging and they don’t leave behind anything once you’re done using them. Here’s why you should make the swap:
- Usually, they contain all-natural ingredients, hence they are more gentle and nourishing for your hair.
- If you’re travelling you’ll never have to worry about shampoo leaks in your bag. Therefore a shampoo bar is very convenient while you’re travelling.
- They will last way longer than your usual liquid shampoos. So you’ll also save that moolah in the long run.
If you’re now inspired to make the change, have a look at these ah-mazing shampoo bars that will not only benefit your hair but also the environment:
1. The Switch Fix, The Grape Escape Shampoo Bar, INR 550/-
With ingredients like grapefruit, geranium and lavender essential oil, this product will leave you sniffing your hair all the time. It also has nourishing ingredients like coconut oil and castor oil. Besides the wonderful ingredients in this product, what makes me want to try out this shampoo bar, is the fact that this product is vegan and cruelty-free and 25% of its proceeds are donated to disadvantaged communities to provide them better healthcare opportunities. Talk about all-rounder sustainability!
2. Soulflower, Reetha Coconut Milk Shampoo Bar, INR 400/-
If you have an oily scalp or scalp conditions like dandruff then this product is perfect for you. It has ingredients like
- Lemon essential oil: It is rich in Vitamin A and C and it’ll gently help get rid of dandruff and keep your scalp healthy.
- Ginger juice: Yet another great ingredient to get rid of dandruff. Ginger juice also boosts hair growth and reduces hair fall.
- Coconut milk: This ingredient is super nourishing and it’ll help repair any hair damage.
- Reetha powder: It is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal hence it helps control dandruff. It also makes your hair soft and shiny.
The cherry on top is the fact that this shampoo bar is cold-pressed, handmade and pure vegan. This product checks all the boxes when it comes to an ideal shampoo.
3. Alanna Hair Strengthening & Volumizing Shampoo Bar, INR 550/-
This product has 8 ayurvedic key ingredients that help you gently cleanse your scalp, reduce hair fall and add volume to your hair. With regular use, this shampoo bar will help reduce hair fall, strengthen your hair and add more volume to your hair.
4. Soapworks India, Murumuru Butter Shampoo Bar, INR 459/-
Murumuru butter is great for curly and wavy hair because it hydrates and nourishes hair, hence making it less frizzy. This product will leave your hair clean, soft and nourished.
*Note: Shampoo bars can tend to make your hair, slightly dry, that’s why you’ll get better results if you regularly oil and condition your hair.
Are you ready to make the switch to sustainability (and get great hair in the process)?
Follow @missmalinibeauty on Instagram for more updates.