Here's Why You Need Moringa Oil In Your Beauty RoutineEesha Kokane , 05 Aug 2019
Moringa oil is yet another desi ingredient that is being glorified by the west now (remember their turmeric obsession?). Moringa oleifera AKA the drumstick tree is a medicinal plant that is native to the foothills of the Himalayas. We have been using this miracle plant in our culture for decades and finally, it’s getting the kind of recognition it deserves. When it’s consumed internally, it nourishes your body since it’s packed with a variety of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and protein. Here are some of its nutritional benefits:
- It contains the compound niazimicin which helps suppress the development of cancer cells.
- Since it’s anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties, it can help kill infections caused by salmonella and E-Colli.
- Moringa extracts contain anti-inflammatory properties that help heal arthritis and keep bones healthy.
- Including moringa in your diet can help lower your cholesterol.
These are just a few benefits of the moringa plant. Now let’s move on to the benefits when it’s applied topically. Moringa oil is a very popular ingredient in the skincare industry and with good reason. Since it has stellar moisturising and cleansing capabilities, it’s included in various skincare and haircare products. If you’re now wondering whether you should include moringa oil in your beauty routine, here’s what you should know:
Skin Care Benefits:
Moringa oil is extracted from the seeds of the Moringa oleifera plant. Since the texture of the oil is light and non-greasy, it’s great to apply onto the skin. Here are some skincare benefits that’ll convince you to buy a bottle of moringa oil, STAT:
- If you’re someone with dry skin then you should definitely start using this oil. It’s extremely moisturising and soothing thanks to the vitamin E that’s present in the oil.
- Since it contains Vitamin C, it helps fade dark spots and fine lines.
- Moringa oil also contains Vitamin A that helps with the collagen production of the skin.
- The antioxidants present in the oil help fight the damage caused by free radicals. This, in turn, helps reduce the appearance of blemishes.
- Since moringa oil is similar in nature to the natural oil produced by the skin, it’s less likely to clog your pores. Hence, it’s also suitable for oily skin.
You can either use products that contain moringa oil as an ingredient or directly use it on your skin as a facial oil.
Nature’s Absolutes Moringa Oil | (Source: naturesabsolutes.com)
VILVAH Moringa & Argan Beautifying Serum | (Source: nykaa.com)
Nykaa Skin Secrets Avocado + Moringa Sheet Mask | (Source: Nykaa.com)
Hair Care Benefits:
Moringa Oil is not just great for your skin, but it can also work wonders for your hair. With regular use, you can transform your hair from blah to full of life! Have a look at the hair care benefits of moringa oil:
- As a frizzy-haired girl, I have to say that this oil worked wonders on my hair. It has helped my hair become softer and smoother, hence it’s made it look less frizzy.
- Since it contains zinc (which is a mineral that’s essential for hair growth), it’ll help your hair grow healthier and quicker.
- Its antioxidants will help your hair look rejuvenated.
- It has emollient properties that will help moisturise your scalp and hence reduce dandruff.
Are you tempted to buy a bottle of moringa oil yet? Because I definitely am!
Follow @missmalinibeauty on Instagram for more updates.