A few days ago, as I was scrolling through Malini’s Girl Tribe, I came across a very interesting thread. For the longest time, I’ve always believed that when it comes to skincare simplicity is key. So, when I read this thread about whether or not you should use night creams I was sceptical. However, after going through all comments where real women shared their experiences with night creams, I was in two minds about it. Most women sung praises about using this product. So, after reading all their experiences and doing my own research, I’ve decided to give night creams a try. If you’ve been wondering about whether or not to give them a try, here’s what you need to know:
- Have you ever wondered why your skin looks great in the morning? It’s because of your body’s circadian rhythm. When you sleep at night, your body goes into repair mode and treats the damage caused during the day. A night cream will link up with your circadian rhythm and speed up the healing process.
- Night creams usually have ingredients like ceramides, hyaluronic acid and niacinamide that help boost the collagen production of the skin. Hence, they make your skin look fresh and bright in the morning.
- Including them in your skincare routine is a great preventative measure against premature ageing.
If you’re now tempted to go out buy a jar of a night cream, then have a look at these highly recommended ones:
1. Clinique Turnaround Overnight Moisturiser
This night cream is lightweight in texture and suitable for all skin types. It works best when you include it as your last step in your nighttime routine. It gives your skin the energy infusion it needs to repair and treat the damage done during the day. With regular use of this product, you’ll wake up to fresher and brighter skin.
2. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II
This is one product that it’s users swear by. I’ve seen this product being included in so many beauty influencers’ nighttime routine. This concoction has helped so many people improve the texture and appearance of their skin. It works well for all skin types and it’s non-comedogenic. It’s intensely moisturising and yet doesn’t leave a greasy film behind, so you won’t have to use a moisturiser after this.
3. Kama Ayurveda Rejuvenating & Brightening Ayurvedic Night Cream
This cream is formulated with rich ingredients like:
- Saffron: It helps brighten up your complexion and works wonders on blemishes and dark circles. It also helps reduce fine lines, pigmentation and other signs of ageing.
- Vetiver: Extracts from vetiver helps firm and protect your skin.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera helps soothe any inflammation and also delays the process of ageing.
4. Forest Essentials Night Treatment Cream Jasmine & Patchouli
If you’re someone with oily, combination or acne-prone skin, then this product is perfect for you. It’s formulated with jasmine and patchouli oils, which help balance the sebum production of your skin while simultaneously reducing the appearance of blemishes.
5. Plum Green Tea Renewed Clarity Night Gel
Trust me when I say this—ever since I started using this product my breakouts have stopped altogether. I have seen a significant reduction in the appearance of my acne after using this night gel. Since it has ingredients like green tea and goji berry extracts, it helps fade blemishes and control sebum production. It also contains glycolic acid which helps gently exfoliate the skin and reduce pigmentation.
What’s your opinion on night creams? Let us know in the comments below.