When it comes to Bollywood films, music is no doubt one of the most integral aspects of the film-making process. The 12th Mirchi Music Awards 2020 that was held this week was all about honouring everyone in the Hindi music industry who have entertained us with their beautiful voices and melodic tunes in the past year. From films like Kalank, Kesari and Kabir Singh winning big to some super entertaining performances, it was one glamorous night with the best of the music and film industry in attendance.
We were at the red carpet of the awards where we met up and chatted a host of singers, actors and musicians which was so much fun! From doing the Aankh Maare hook step with Raveena Tandon to having the gorgeous and super talented Shreya Ghoshal sing for us, we had a ball! When it came to the winners, it was a good mix of all the best tracks that came out in the past year — from Chashni (Bharat) to Naina Yeh (Article 15) and Lahu Ka Rang Kara (Laal Kaptaan), we saw a varied set of music being recognised and awarded.
Here’s a list of all the winners from the night:
1. Song of the Year: Kalank (Title track), Kalank – Sung by Arijit Singh. Music composed by Pritam.
2. Album of the Year: Kesari
3. Male Vocalist Of The Year: Arijit Singh – Kalank (Title track), Kalank
4. Female Vocalist Of The Year: Shreya Ghoshal – Ghar More Pardesiya, Kalank
5. Music Composer Of The Year: Pritam – Kalank (Title track), Kalank
6. Lyricist Of The Year: Amitabh Bhattacharya – Kalank (Title track), Kalank
7. Recreated Song Of The Year: Humein Tumse Pyaar Kitna. from Humein Tumse Pyaar Kitna – Aditya Dev, Raaj Aashoo, Shabbir Ahmed & Shrey Ghoshal
8. Upcoming Male Vocalist Of The Year: Abhijeet Srivastava – Chashni, Bharat
9. Upcoming Female Vocalist Of The Year: Aakanksha Sharma – Tum Chale Gaye, Marudhar Express
10. Upcoming Music Composer Of The Year: Piyush Shankar – Naina Yeh, Article 15
11. Upcoming Lyricist Of The Year: Sahib – Lahu Ka Rang Kara, Laal Kaptan
12. Best Raag-Inspired Song: Dhola – Yeh Hai India, Raja Hasan
13. Background Score: Mangesh Dhakde – Article 15
14. Song Engineer (Recording and Mixing): Vijay Dalal – Jugraafiya, Super 30
15. Song Producer – Programming and Arranging: DJ Phukan, Prasad Sashte, Prakash Peters & Sunny MR, Ghar More Pardesiya, Kalank
16. Independent Music Category (Indies): Jaan Meri – Jaan Meri
17. Listener’s Choice Album of the Year: Kabir Singh
18. Listener’s Choice Independent Music Category (Indies): Vaaste (Single) – Dhvani Banushali, Nikhil D’Souza, Tanishk Bagchi
19. Golden Era Album Of The Year – 1959: Anari and Sujata
20. Outstanding Contribution For Hindi Film Music: Amar Haldipur
21. Lifetime Achievement Of The Year: Usha Mangeshkar
22. Make It Large: Deepika Padukone
23. Mirchi Social Media Icon: Neha Kakkar
24. Mirchi Trendsetters Album Of The Year: Gully Boy
What a well deserved list of winners. right?
If the awards weren’t enough for us to enjoy the night, the great line-up of performances by some of our favourites sure made it one LIT night! Imagine getting to listen to AR Rahman perform live and the Gully Boys, Naezy and Divine rap live, it was a show of every music lover’s dream!
The very entertaining Neha Kakkar and Darshan Raval‘s performances were a crowd favourite, with them dancing to their most famous hits. Our fav Bollywood girls, Deepika Padukone and Taapsee were also there. While Taapsee’s act on women and empowerment earned her a lot of cheer, Deepika’s ‘lungi dance’ on stage was a hit!
Watch it here:
To catch all this action on your television screens, tune into Zee TV on 22nd March!