There’s makeup, and then there’s Too Faced. They’ve been one of the most sought-after makeup brands in the beauty industry. Founded by Jerrod Blandin and Jeremy Johnson (fun fact: they both used to work behind the counter for Estée Lauder) in the mid ’90s, Too Faced has basically redefined makeup. So it’s no surprise that they’re also Estée Lauder‘s biggest acquisition till date. Fate? I think so!
With a cult following like theirs, any beauty lover will attest that their Better Than Sex mascara was their #1 seller for a while. In fact, the first thing I did when I landed Singapore (back in 2015), was head to the store and get some Too Faced (mascara included). After all, if a mascara can sell every 7.5 seconds, you know it’s not just any ordinary mascara!
Too Faced finally launches in India on Nykaa (!!!) and I’m beyond excited to not only be able to shop and use their products on the daily, but also finally repurchase my beloved mascara that ran out years ago! But mascara isn’t the only thing I’ve bought from the brand before.
Here are 5 things I’ve tried and what you need to add to your cart:
1. Lip Injection Extreme, ₹2000
- A clear gloss that gives off lots of shine but is also super moisturising.
- There’s a slightly intense tingle sensation (last about 5-10 minutes) to give your lips a plumped effect.
2. Pretty Rich Eyeshadow, ₹4500
- Includes 16 shades—a mix of glitter and mattes.
- Each are highly pigmented.
3. Better Than Sex Mascara, ₹1900
- Give you dramatic and voluminous lashes
- The formulation really locks the curl in place and allow a very dramatic but natural look
4. Diamond Highlighter, ₹2500
- The formula has real crushed diamond powder for that extra sparkle.
- Can be used for other purposes as well—like as an eyeshadow and and body shimmer.
5. Papa Don’t Peach Blush, ₹2300
- A peachy-bronzed colour that gives off a fresh and radiant look to the cheeks.
- It’s rich and pigmented, which means it can also be used on the eyelids.
Have you ever used Too Faced before? If so, tell me your favourite product and if there’s anything you’d love to try!