Here's How You Can Make Your Own DIY Aloe Vera SoapEesha Kokane , 14 Apr 2020
DIY Aloe Vera Soap by Fabio Balbi | www.shutterstock.com
If you have never tried making a DIY soap, then I highly recommend you to try it. It may seem tedious at first, but once you get it into it, it can be pretty addictive. From trying out different mixtures of essential oils to using various containers with cool shapes, soap making is genuinely an art. So if you want to try your hand at soap making, then I suggest you start by trying this simple and refreshing DIY aloe vera soap recipe:
What You’ll Need:
- 2 tbsp aloe vera gel
- 1 glycerin soap bar (soap base)
- 1 vitamin E capsule
How To Make It:
- Extract the gel from an aloe vera leaf, or you can even use store-bought gel.
- Cut up the glycerin soap bar into small cubes and set them aside in a bowl.
- Heat a pot of water till is boiling and place the bowl containing the soap cubes on top of the pot of boiling water. This will help melt the soap base and turn it into a liquid consistency.
- After the glycerin soap cubes have melted, add the aloe vera gel to it and stir the mixture until it’s completely mixed.
- Cut up the vitamin E capsule empty it into the aloe vera and soap base mixture. Stir it for a couple of seconds.
- Pour the mixture into a container of your choice and let it cool for 3 to 4 hours.
- After it is done cooling for the required amount of time, you can take it out of the container and start using it!
What Are The Benefits:
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera gel is known for it’s moisturising and healing properties. It will help hydrate and nourish your skin, and it will also soothe any inflammation present on your skin.
- Glycerin: Glycerin is a humectant which helps attract moisture to your skin, hence keeping it moisturised for a longer period of time.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is an antioxidant, it will help brighten your skin, and it also provides anti-ageing skincare benefits.
Follow @missmalinibeauty on Instagram for more updates.