Raise your hand if your sleep schedule has been completely ruined because of the lockdown. *Awkwardly raises hand*. I don’t know about you, but ever since the lockdown has been enforced to slow the spread of COVID-19, I’ve been going to bed at 4 am. Not only am I feeling more lethargic, but this crazy shift in my sleep schedule has also affected my skin (especially my under-eye skin). My under-eye skin now looks darker and more sunken. Even though I am not stepping out of the house and meeting people, I still care about my appearance. That’s why I decided to try using this DIY eye mask for a week (and try to sleep earlier) to see if my dark circles diminish. I’m glad to report that this mask worked very well! So if you’re dealing with the same problem, try out this two-ingredient DIY under-eye mask:
What You’ll Need:
To make this DIY under-eye mask, you only need two ingredients and you probably already have them in your kitchen.
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of yoghurt
- Mix both the ingredients well.
- Apply the mixture on your under-eye area in large semi-circles. You can either do this with your fingertips or with an old makeup brush.
- Leave it on your skin for fifteen to twenty minutes and gently wash it off with warm water.
- Your under-eyes may have been stained by the turmeric powder but that normal. After you’ve washed it off, apply some fragrance-free eye cream to your under-eye cream.
- Do this a couple of time every week, however, be careful that the mixture doesn’t go into your eyes.
Turmeric: This wonderful bright orange powder has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for years and years! It contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties which help brighten skin and add a natural glow to it.
Yoghurt: Yoghurt naturally contains lactic acid, which helps to exfoliate the skin gently. Hence, it will gently remove dead skin cells and make your under-eye skin look bright.
Note: Please do a patch test first before using this DIY under-eye mask.
Follow @missmalinibeauty on Instagram for more updates.