Maidaan: Boney Kapoor Expresses Concern Over The loss Incurred Due To The Pandemic

Showbiz Intern , 25 May 2021
Boney Kapoor (Source: Instagram | @janhvikapoor)
Boney Kapoor (Source: Instagram | @janhvikapoor)

The pandemic has taken a huge toll on every sector of life. With the lockdown being imposed again, the shooting schedules of many movies have come to a halt. Ajay Devgn starrer Maidaan faced some serious setbacks due to the pandemic and recently film-maker Boney Kapoor expressed his concern over the same.

Maidaan is a biographical sports film based on the golden era of Indian football and starring Ajay Devgn as football coach Syed Abdul Rahim. The film faced multiple setbacks, the two lockdowns and then the cyclone delayed the shoot and the release of the film. Besides this, the film also incurred some major financial losses as they had to erect the set multiple times.

As per a report on Bollywood Hungama, Boney Kapoor said-

This will be the third time we will have to erect the sets of Maidaan. The first time round it cost us Rs. 16 cr., but we had to dismantle it due to the lockdown. The second time, since it was dismantled we could re-use nearly 70% of the material bringing down the cost to around Rs. 6 cr. However, this time we will have to see what the total damage has been since nearly 80% will have to be reconstructed and the remaining 20% will need touch-ups. Everyone is talking about the cost of the sets, no one is looking at the human cost, and the toll it takes mentally on the producer. I have to deal with that, each time there is a delay my work goes in vain and I have to bear the financial and mental cost of it.

I have the support of my team members, the cast of Maidaan and of course my partners that will help me overcome such issues. So yes, it was a problem, there has been a loss, but nothing that we cannot recover from.

But at the end of the day, I say again, this is not my lowest low, I have seen harder times, and better times, and like always I will get through this

 Maidaan is helmed by Amit Sharma and produced by Zee Studios in collaboration with Bayview Projects LLP

Note: We urge you all to stay safe and follow all the necessary safety precautions. Times are tough, but we are in this together, and I’m sure this phase will soon be over. Until then, stay safe and keep your loved ones safe!

Related Stories

Related Stories

More Showbiz